• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

jonno394

I've gotta say I had minor concerns about using single joy cons for multi player but the shoulder buttons, slide grips adding that little bit more height and an analog stick (thinking in contrast to a sideways Wii controller, for example) make them spot on. Singlep player I'll still be going double joycon but they work perfect sideways.

Yeah three big blokes here all played with an itty bitty joycon and found it fine.

chekhonte

Reposting for a new page with an edit:

"Anyone got a good crash-course on Kart and Part choices? I understand weight class, but have no idea when I'm screwing myself over with kart & part choices. Is it better to shoot for middle of the road? Acceleration? Grip? Speed? I'm having a serious paradox of choice here and it's stressing me out."

Addition --> I'm not looking for individual stat breakdowns to Min/Max, I'm just looking for general advice! With heavy characters should you stack a specific stat? What about medium or light?

Step 1: go to local store that sells Mario Kart.
Step 2: Buy it and save the receipt.
Step 3: Enjoy Mario Kart!
Step 4: When the Amazon copy shows up "return" it to local store as your purchased copy.

I'll just return it to amazon.

I really wish LAN mode supported 4 players per Switch. I have a game night scheduled for tomorrow and one of the games was going to be Mario Kart 8 with 8 players across 2 Switches. Disappointed!

Unison

Playing Battle Mode, I remembered some discussion from Nintendo about how the increase in Switch RAM supposedly allowed for the double items... I wonder if that also explains the bad Battle Mode in the original game.

In any case, incredible port... and a new king for the Best Looking Portable Game crown.

FrsDvl

I'm getting nothing but communication errors. Connection is fine, NAT is A. Any way to fix this? I just want to play online!

phanphare

Banned
I picked up the joy-con wheels mainly for my 3-year old and it turns out they also make the individual joy-cons super usable as normal controllers. In addition to providing a better grip, they also provide real, normal sized shoulder buttons:

MIl8tqH.jpg

vls2J08.jpg

huh

never thought of that

::scratches chin::

DoT2

So is there a way to swap your two items, or are you restricted to using the first one every time before you can use the second item?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Just played on a TV for the first time...

OH MY GOD THEY'VE RE-DONE THE SOUND MIXING!

Literally my biggest complaint, megaton, now MK8 is nothing but greatness. There are many small, subtle fixes throughout. Love it. 10/10.

Can you talk more about this? Interested to know how they adjusted the mix.

Dumb question but I'm assuming this isn't hard to get at retail? I don't get off of work until 2 and won't be able to make a Target/Best Buy until around then.

Mario kart is now the best selling videogame of the year on amazon.com, wow

Best selling game of the year on Amazon? Am I the only person going 100% digital and just keeping my BOTW cart in the Switch?

I've still got 168GB free on a 200GB card with half a dozen games so far.

Top Bottom