• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Direct now online

Albo

Awesome trailer, bowsers castle and rainbow road look amazing. Loving the new direct presentation/layout. That free game offer almost seems to good to be true, hope it allows us o register retail copy.

The new Rainbow Road looks very different from the previous one
Time to change this gif then... :(

blue-shell-rage-o.gif
[
RIP Blue Shell lol

Bmd-Mf4CYAE9acg.png

Free game when you buy MK8 in EU before the promo ends

Sonic or Pikmin or TW101... can't choose :(

JoeM86

$330 gets you:

Deluxe Wii U - $300
Mario Wii Motion Plus Remote - $40
Mario Kart 8 - $60
Another Free Game - $20-$60

That is INSANITY

Don't forget about the Nintendo Network Premium Points for the download code. The download codes should activate it

Griss

There was a lot of awesome in that video but #1 for me (just beating out the music session) is the confirmation of no Bowser Jr.

Day 1 confirmed.

That direct was a bit too cheesy for me but informative none the less, I think my favourite parts were the music section and banana haiku, we've all felt the anguish of an inescapable banana.

Those final two characters though, holy hell, people were joking about another baby or metal character and they actually went and did it, granted all I need is DK, Shyguy and Ludwig so it's not a big deal for me but even so that's almost the worst possible outcome.

So apparently Electrodome is called Electrodrome now? Or was it always called that? Also, according to GameXplain, the Super Horn is rare to get.

Edit: Mount Wario is also a one lap track.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ludicrously shitty character roster.

Otherwise gud gud.

Not sure about the horn.

Velcro Fly

Getting one of the existing bundles with a gift card somewhere seems like a better deal. They've been going with $50 gift cards at Target or Walmart a lot lately. Buy that for $300, use the gift card for MK8, and get a free game on top of that? Sounds delicious.

There's unlockables in addition to the 30 shown right? Right?

If my main man Bowser Jr is gone from two consecutive Mario Kart's for Pink Gold Peach I'm gonna lose it.

Free Wind Waker HD is cool though, I refused to pay full price for a HD remaster of a game I already own and it paid off!

There were reports earlier that there might not be any rubberbanding in this one, right?

Thought I remembered seeing something about that.

There's unlockables in addition to the 30 shown right? Right?

If my main man Bowser Jr is gone from two consecutive Mario Kart's for Pink Gold Peach I'm gonna lose it.

Free Wind Waker HD is cool though, I refused to pay full price for a HD remaster of a game I already own and it paid off!

Nintendo is slowly burying Junior like the mistake he always was (Bowser should have been wearing protection).

Jaagen

Guess I'll finally get Game & Wario.

Doesn't matter man, once you unlocked Mii you don't need anyone else amirite.

I'm looking forward to the "All Hitler Tournament"...

Sad to see they skipped Super Circuit in their "MK through the ages" feature :(

Yep, they manage to bring back free for all battle mode, only to kill it again by forcing us to play on slightly modified tracks.

My friend is gonna be so disappointed. Some of our best MK memories is battle mode related, and if the one battle mode video is anything to go by, it is gonna suck. Really can't believe there are no arenas... WTF. No wonder they didn't talk about battle mode in the Direct...

Gartooth

My friend is gonna be so disappointed. Some of our best MK memories is battle mode related, and if the one battle mode video is anything to go by, it is gonna suck. Really can't believe there are no arenas... WTF. No wonder they didn't talk about battle mode in the Direct...

I'm pretty sure the GameExplain video confirmed it, because there was a remark about being concerned that the battle arenas are now all loops due to being tracks.

Pink Gold Peach has me cackling. I didn't see it coming. I called Baby Rosalina though, if babies were in 7 she probably would've been there.

Top Bottom