• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
played through the new levels with my five year old! I really liked the f-zero level and the rainbow road (snes) remix. Zelda castle was cool, mainly because of the music/sounds and rupees. :)

SeanR1221

Played briefly this morning. It's great DLC and its crazy how it's only 12.00 for the total package.

But I was reminded of the one thing that annoys me in this game! I never know what vehicle and wheel combo to pick :p. I always feel like I could have selected better.

Word to the wise, you need to change the colors for when is released when. For the colorblind, those look the same color. I can't tell which is which.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, Wii U. Had to download the MK8 update and install it, then download and install the DLC. Why couldn't you do that on your own :(

braves01

Banned
The F-Zero track is legitimately great. Why do whet my appetite for an F-Zero like this Nintendo when you're never going to make a new one?

Marow

I love the new stages. They're also way more difficult than the regular ones, I feel. Much tigther curve. Rainbow Road SNES is the only one I'm not a fan of as it's too big compared to its Mario Kart 7 counterpart, meaning it's not very exciting to race on. Bit of a bummer.

Otherwise? Please make a new F-Zero Nintendo, becase the Mute City track is fantastic!

NTom64

Had a lot of fun with this so far, great value for money.

Rankings, anyone?

God-tier:
Excitebike Arena, Mute City

Really good tier:
Ice Ice Outpost, Hyrule Circuit

Decent tier:
Dragon Driftway, Yoshi's Circuit

OK-But-I'd-Prefer-Other-Tracks tier:
Wario's Goldmine, SNES Rainbow Road

Sendou

I'm enjoying the DLC so far. For 6€ it's just stellar value. Most of the new tracks offer very exciting and fast-paced races. The lowpoint for me is probably Ice Ice Post. It's just not very exciting or memorable and comparing it to Sherbet Land for example makes it look dull artistically. It's funny to see how Zelda, F-Zero and Excitebike tracks don't seem out of place at all. I guess it's just how Mario Kart has been everywhere already.

As a sidenote Frantic wasn't as bad as I expected. In some ways it's worse but it also fixes few of the problems I had with the game previously.

Finished downloading it, did a couple TTs of Dragon Driftway. Joining you guys now.

Seeing that there's only 6 people in here I now really do think that we shouldn't have bothered with a Normal room.

Also, anybody who doesn't pick DLC tracks when they pop up today is an asshole.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
I love the new stages. They're also way more difficult than the regular ones, I feel. Much tigther curve. Rainbow Road SNES is the only one I'm not a fan of as it's too big compared to its Mario Kart 7 counterpart, meaning it's not very exciting to race on. Bit of a bummer.

Yeah, I don't understand why they did this.

The rest of the DLC courses are pretty technical, with a lot of switchbacks and jumps, so why'd they feel the need to make Rainbow Road easier?

Laws00

i have a question are they grouping in people with dlc with the none dlc or those that dont have the dlc dont get play with those that don't

i havent researched too much into this to know im just curious

Kade

Had a lot of fun with this so far, great value for money.

Rankings, anyone?

God-tier:
Excitebike Arena, Mute City

Really good tier:
Ice Ice Outpost, Hyrule Circuit

Decent tier:
Dragon Driftway, Yoshi's Circuit

OK-But-I'd-Prefer-Other-Tracks tier:
Wario's Goldmine, SNES Rainbow Road

God Tier:
Ice Ice Outpost
Mute City
Hyrule Circuit

Good Tier:
Dragon Driftway
SNES Rainbow Road
Wario's Goldmine

Yucky Tier:
Excite Bike Arena
Yoshi's Circuit

daydream

Banned
Rankings, anyone?

I like all the tracks but if I'd have to rank them:

1. Yoshi Circuit - They tightened up the original and made this an instant classic, imo. Flawless track design.
2. Excitebike Arena - Closest we'll get to Baby Park!
3. Mute City - They nailed the speed in this one.
4. Ice Ice Outpost - Really interesting track design.
5. SNES Rainbow Road - Fun, looks great.
6. Dragon Driftway - Pretty technical, very unique.
7. Hyrule Circuit - Some great fanservice, second half after Master Sword is a bit weak.
8. Wario's Goldmine - Fine choice, I love the design in the open section, could have used a new element in the cave section to make it more interesting.

Just noticed when you get a crystal on the hyrule course it plays the treasure-open-melody from zelda in a very fast version. Cool little detail! :3

Top Bottom