• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Azure J

Elder God Tier

Dragon Driftway (There was simply no way this wasn't going to be the best course)
Mute City (GOT TO GO MOTHERFUCKING FAST SON)
Yoshi Circuit Double Dash (It channels the spirit of Mario Circuit GBA/Royal Raceway/SNES Donut Plains with a compact and extremely tense layout. All dem drift opportunities...)

Cool

Rainbow Road SNES (ALL OF THE LIGHTS)
Wario Gold Mine (they actually managed to make this a really hype course instead of just OK from its Wii incarnation)
Excitebike (It's really the closest thing to Baby Park we have minus crazy lingering items)

OK
Icy Icy Outpost (Has potential to jump to the tier above though)
Hyrule Circuit (beyond the fanservice, it's a pretty straightforward course)

Azuran

Banned
Elder God Tier

Dragon Driftway (There was simply no way this wasn't going to be the best course)
Mute City (GOT TO GO MOTHERFUCKING FAST SON)
Yoshi Circuit Double Dash (It channels the spirit of Mario Circuit GBA/Royal Raceway/SNES Donut Plains with a compact and extremely tense layout. All dem drift opportunities...)

Cool

Rainbow Road SNES (ALL OF THE LIGHTS)
Wario Gold Mine (they actually managed to make this a really hype course instead of just OK from its Wii incarnation)

OK
Icy Icy Outpost (Has potential to jump to the tier above though)
Hyrule Circuit (beyond the fanservice, it's a pretty straightforward course)

I agree. Excitebike is so fucking good there's no point in rating it. It makes all the other 39 tracks looks like garbage.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
people here are insanely good at mk. it's crazy.

... It makes no sense to me. I know there's a lot of muckery that goes on in MK with items and such. But how the hell do people manage to consistently avoid it and stay in the front of the pack? It doesn't seem to be character/kart based since you see such a wide variety of characters and karts being used to win races.

Lunar15

That one section in Mute City near the beginning where there's just a solid row of boost pads you can string as the track goes in a corkscrew is just so fucking good.

It's so fucking good you guys.

That one section in Mute City near the beginning where there's just a solid row of boost pads you can string as the track goes in a corkscrew is just so fucking good.

It's so fucking good you guys.

As someone who doesn't like F Zero games at all.....

You're absolutely right! This DLC is a blast! I need to play it with more people locally. Can I use plain ol' Wii Remotes (not Plus and no nunchucks) with this game?

Azure J

I agree. Excitebike is so fucking good there's no point in rating it. It makes all the other 39 tracks looks like garbage.

I actually made a mistake there. Fixed it now. Excitebike is really good but I just have an immense love for Mute City and Dragon Driftway just from their concept while Yoshi Circuit proves itself every time you actually play it. It's the unsung hero.

Mr. Patch

Of course we get a comm error right when I'm about to play Dragon Driftway for the first time

Edit: Or should I say, I got a comm error.

So I was able to finish a draft paper that is due tomorrow, and the night is still young. SO I might as well play with you GAF. :p Where is everyone currently at, Normal or Frantic?

Coppanuva

So I was able to finish a draft paper that is due tomorrow, and the night is still young. SO I might as well play with you GAF. :p Where is everyone currently at, Normal or Frantic?

Just joined up in Frantic myself. This is like my second time playing with GAF in MK8.

Surprised at how good Yoshi's Circuit is.

I mean, I had Double Dash but I don't remember it all too well and from the previews of the DLC that track looked kind of basic but holy shit, it's totally skill-based and active.

Ice Ice Outpost is already underrated too as it's a fantastic course with some of the best shortcuts(they aren't easy to pull off) in the game.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Excite Bike track but I'm glad it's there as it's quite different than the rest.

All in all, a pretty fantastic DLC pack.

blamespace I felt absolute joy when you slipped on that banana peel leading up to the last glider ramp on Mount Wario shortly after me pushing away from a ? block. Serves you right.

Top Bottom