• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Business as usual.

Normal rooms should have 150cc bots enabled at least, so that there aren't any more awkward 1 vs 1 "races" going on whilst waiting for them to be replaced by actual players.
No, fuck bots. They make the game an annoying stutterfest.

EDIT: Then again I hate Normal tourneys so go for it I guess

So.. is the magic really over?

I thought the Neogaf Room would be hopping, but at most I was in a 5 man match and people kept leaving.

As great as the game is, and as much as I'll keep buying DLC for it, there's some intricacies missing in this game I can't quite put my finger on that result in it feeling a bit tired... I don't know. Maybe I need to play in some 12 man games..

I think upping the crashes, dare I say, taking some of the drama from Burnout 3 and its crashes, might go a long way to make wipeouts satisfying instead of the simple 'initiate the crash animation ... now'

Which shortcut are you guys talking about? The one at the end before the finish line with the little ramp at the turn? Or is there another one? That one seemed pretty simple.

There are three. Two in the middle and one at the end. Last one is sneaky. Second is the best (a simple drop to the left).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So.. is the magic really over?

I thought the Neogaf Room would be hopping, but at most I was in a 5 man match and people kept leaving.

As great as the game is, and as much as I'll keep buying DLC for it, there's some intricacies missing in this game I can't quite put my finger on that result in it feeling a bit tired... I don't know. Maybe I need to play in some 12 man games..

I think upping the crashes, dare I say, taking some of the drama from Burnout 3 and its crashes, might go a long way to make wipeouts satisfying instead of the simple 'initiate the crash animation ... now'

We had a nice room going for 2-3 hours just now that had 9+ people, and it looks like there are still plenty of active people trying to play.

Vena

Is Link approximately the same stats and weight as Rosalina? I swear I can get the exact or almost exact same stat combinations between the two. Are their weights different perhaps?

Question. Having next played frantic mode, why does that seem to be the preference on GAF right now? It seems like it would be far more annoying with crazy items flying everywhere? Or does that just make it crazy fun? :p

I was hoping Link would be my new main since I was so excited for him to be in the game, but I still do much better with Yoshi's superior handling. Maybe I just need more time with Link.

Azure J

OH

MY

GOD

> Start off extra strong and hold first place for most of Mute City
> Doorbell rings
> Drop everything aNd get it, come back and I'm dead last with a HUGE distance between me and 11th place
> Tap into some Redline shit for the remaining two laps
> Damn near come in first place as I watch a carnage unfold on the midsection of the race

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MARIO KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Sorry to the one guy in The Normal Room.. It straight up disconnected me.

Now I'm spectating in the Frantic match.. Come on folks, more people!!

DaBoss

Question. Having next played frantic mode, why does that seem to be the preference on GAF right now? It seems like it would be far more annoying with crazy items flying everywhere? Or does that just make it crazy fun? :p.
It used to be much more tame, but after the update that came with the DLC, they seemed to have upped the craziness to a factor of 10.

And then when you consider how buffed the bullet bills are, then you've got the current Frantic mode.

Still is fun, but personally, I prefer how Frantic mode used to be.

Top Bottom