• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

I read somewhere about Smash Wii U pre-loading and suddenly I remember about the Mario Kart DLC. Bought it, downloaded it and finished both cups on 50 cc just to see how they are.

I like them all, though the lack of flying is dissapointing. Still, Nice tracks, will be joining online later this weekend or after, because of work.

It used to be much more tame, but after the update that came with the DLC, they seemed to have upped the craziness to a factor of 10.

And then when you consider how buffed the bullet bills are, then you've got the current Frantic mode.

Still is fun, but personally, I prefer how Frantic mode used to be.

Oh, I understand. (I also didn't realize I had two typos back to back in my original post lol).

I thought bullet bills had been buffed in some way - either they lasted longer or were faster or both.

I might try out frantic mode and see what the fuss is about. Were any other items changed or rebalanced?

Azure J

WHAT THE FUCK

AN AIRBORNE SPINY SHELL CAN HIT PEOPLE WHO TRY TO JUMP OVER THE PERSON IT CIRCLES?

DONT KNOW IF AMAZING ATTENTION TO DETAIL OR MOST FRUSTRATING DISCOVERY EVER

Azure J

OK, which one of you dropped those bananas on the last ramp right before the flight section on the third lap of Sunshine Airport? 3rd looking at 1st & 2nd to instant 12th because Lakitu can't lrn2place properly.

Azure J

Nathan's Yoshi grillin' me when he tried to bump me with a star but ran out right as he made contact...

ib1wE4zGdwrGH8.png

Further proof that Yoshi Circuit brings the hood out of everyone. :lol

Y'ALL CAN'T SEE ME ON MUTE CITY

imjPOS3sW7UO3.gif
Lol, I wasn't the only one who bullshitted Grizzo at the end there? In my case it was a Bullet Bill. :3

I deserved it too after I got fucked over on Yoshi Circuit because the item reel lagged like hell on the last item box so I had to wait like 5 extra seconds to get my golden shroom.

Azure J

That was some bullshit this game did giving me a lightning then having everyone nearby get stars and bullet bills.

Also, yay item reel lag

No, fuck bots. They make the game an annoying stutterfest.

EDIT: Then again I hate Normal tourneys so go for it I guess
Your priorities are out of whack if a dropped frame every few seconds is the worse outcome here - and I say that as someone who's very sensitive to framerate fluctuations - compared to turning the game into an utter shitshow with Frantic.

And you're right, no one asked for your opinion since you'd never frequent a Normal lobby anyway.

Top Bottom