• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Drewfonse

OK, thanks guys, I'll go for Pikmin 3. I only wish that DKTF was an option, too. I bought the system for that game, loved it sooooo much, beat it, and then moronically sold it on Amazon. I miss it, and will re-buy it soon.

rawbuchanan

Neo Member
Got 3 stars on every cup in 50cc and 100cc. Wow, 150cc feels like a jump.

Track design is brilliant, and I really love what they've done with some of the retro tracks. Particularly, Moo Mop Meadows and Wario Stadium.

Online is just insane. Constant action; sometimes immensely frustration, but mostly just brilliant fun!

prag16

Banned
Had to take a break since me and my 4 year old were playing on wii remotes (bitches hurt my hand to hold sidways) but she's still playing and enjoying the hell out of it.

Do you have the wheel accessory? I found with MK Wii that holding just the remote to steer was annoying, while with the wheel attachment it was more manageable.

Zing

Banned
So this tournament… basically whoever plays the most wins? There is no limit to game number and you just earn points infinitely for the week.

Yo I just played my first race and I'm not comfortable with the gamepad, but I can't find any options for changing my control scheme. Am I overlooking something?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just bought the game this morning, and my kids and I were playing this game. It's so much fun! :)

It's amazing that we can playing grand prix together now! :)

Zemm

Really? I barely feel a difference between it and the pro controller. Only when I play fighting games is the difference clear. Otherwise it's very comfortable for me.

For every other game it's been fine, it's just this game where you have to hold down a face button all the time. Wiimote + nunchuck is so comfortable for MK8 :(

daydream

Banned
Being in 9th place and only getting a mushroom is just cruel. :(

the communication errors are just pissing me off right now. i just want to play.

I got the game on Wednesday, online worked fine at first. On Thursday morning, I started getting lots of communication errors, to the point of not being able to finish a single race (if I even managed to join). Tried looking up solutions online, so I ended up giving the Wii U a static IP and put the Google DNS adresses in which seemed to have solved me my problems, as everything was working again.

This evening, however, I've been getting all those communication errors again. Sometimes they appear right when I click on the online option in the game's main menu, sometimes when trying to connect to a game, sometimes when I already managed to get in the race.

The Internet Browser itself and every other device in the house works fine. The errors in question are 103-9999, 101-0502, 102-2211 and 102-2123, among others. Sometimes the game itself gives me a "communication error" message, without saying a code.

I hope somebody knows a solution as I'm getting desperate here :(

I'm in a similar boat, but restarting my router usually helps resolve all the errors.

time to hit 100cc

I thought this would not matter but 150cc is tougher than I fought

learning not to suck then I'll hit time trials and online later tonight

this game is beautiful

DLC tracks would help keep me playing for years

We need to have an thread only for mario kart online. Its nearly impossible to enter a NeoGAF tourney becuase all the groups seem full, but the fucking menu doesnt say how many people are in the room already. Major oversight.

Loco4Coco

I'm trying to buy a WiiU online but all I see are bundles I don't want. I'm trying to get just the Black WiiU with the games separate.

wilflare

any protips on how to better use drift and those tight turns?
thinking whether to get the official wheel - are they sold anywhere or only as part of the bundle?

m0t0k1

I'm trying to buy a WiiU online but all I see are bundles I don't want. I'm trying to get just the Black WiiU with the games separate.

There is no only premium black wiiu console out there. All is bundled with at least one game the first one was with nintendoland.

Seriously. I would spend another 50€ for something like cod/bf4 premium for this game without even thinking.

I hope Nintendo is willing to spend the time and love on this as much as they gave Pikmin 3 and NSMBU because the Luigi version was a whole other full game they could give us another 30-40 tracks if they really wanted money. The game is so good that people would love the tracks if quality was this high

jwillenn

Yo I just played my first race and I'm not comfortable with the gamepad, but I can't find any options for changing my control scheme. Am I overlooking something?

I'm using Mote & Chuk. When I decided to switch, I returned to the title screen with the Gamepad and pressed A using Mote.

I've never gif'd my own gameplay footage before. Figured I'd try that.
mkwiiursudo.gif

I really like the idea of Mario Kart TV, hopefully it reaches other Nintendo games.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Question about MKTV: You can only view friends' uploads? I was under the impression they are random highlights.

Gonna have to take a break from the group. I was being demolished! Last place 3 times in a row! Gonna practice while I unlock some stuff and come back ready!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just fired this up for the first time, up to Star Cup now, and... WOW. This game single-handedly justifies the Wii U! So amazing, polished, and just overall fun! Bravo, Nintendo!

Top Bottom