• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Spinluck

Just throwing this out there.

If you do not think Dolphin Shoals is one of the best tracks and THE best looking track, I can no longer be your friend or respect your opinions. Ok, bai guize!

Question about MKTV: You can only view friends' uploads? I was under the impression they are random highlights.

Random highlights are how it is done because that is the online limit. You can view anyone's uploads though. All uploads are public by default. You can tweek it a bit, but it will still be a "best of" clip collection. The game does a decent job showing the major highlights. It captured the blue shell when I was finishing on my upload.

Dizzy

Banned
It arrived today!!

Waiting to play it but its making me install a software update first and boy does this take forever. I thought my ps3 was bad.

Blues1990

How was it damaged? Was it a sealed box?

It was a sealed box, shrink wrap & all, and it didn't appear to be damaged on the outside. But as soon as I got home, open it up, and checked the back, it was scratched like you wouldn't know it. I wished I had taken a photo, but whatever.

I'm using Mote & Chuk. When I decided to switch, I returned to the title screen with the Gamepad and pressed A using Mote.

That worked, thanks. I guess that's why you read the (digital) manual. Gonna give it a shot with the pro controller, but I'm thinking I'll rely on the motechuck as well. I played so much MK Wii that it's engraved in my muscle memory.

There were three other people in line at my GameStop. The first one picked up the bundle, the second just the game. I didn't see what the third was there for, but he had his kid there with him at opening time, so I wouldn't surprised if he got Mario Kart as well.

prag16

Banned
Random highlights are how it is done because that is the online limit. You can view anyone's uploads though. All uploads are public by default. You can tweek it a bit, but it will still be a "best of" clip collection. The game does a decent job showing the major highlights. It captured the blue shell when I was finishing on my upload.

Can you filter MKTV to just show friends' uploads? I'm not seeing anything like that, however it's possible no friends have uploaded anything yet (only one that I know of has alraedy played the game).

EDIT: Also asking again because this went unnoticed a couple pages ago:

How does the VR work in this game? I'm assuming you get bigger increases (and smaller decreases) when playing against higher ranked competition?

If so that would be good, since your VR would better reflect your actual skill, rather than being skewed low by playing only gaf members, or skewed high by only playing 8 year olds.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm done for now. I probably won't get back on until tomorrow afternoon or night cause of work D:

Fun races with those in the tourney earlier!

Roo

I've never gif'd my own gameplay footage before. Figured I'd try that.
mkwiiursudo.gif

I really like the idea of Mario Kart TV, hopefully it reaches other Nintendo games.

I really like how Iggy moves his eyes before Daisy bumps into him.
All the characters are so full of details.

BraXzy

How the hell do people do the mini-boost from the starting line? I always thought it was by waiting till the last second to set off but apparently not.

zoukka

How the hell do people do the mini-boost from the starting line? I always thought it was by waiting till the last second to set off but apparently not.

I think it's just a set amount of RPM close to the max you need to have when the race starts.

Baleoce

When the "2" fully materializes and goes as low as it can, that's the exact point you hit accelerate.

phanphare

Banned

press and hold the gas once the 2 is on screen during the countdown. make sure it's all the way on the screen though or your engine will blow out

Jucksalbe

Banned
Got all Time Trial stamps for the new tracks. Some very nice stamps to get here, I especially like the one for Bowser's Castle. Overall Time Trial seems to be a downgrade from MK7 and especially from MK Wii, though. But I have to play some more to see if there aren't some things I didn't notice yet.

Back to online mode.

Top Bottom