• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

TMC

LOVIN' it
I only ever played the console iterations, and as such I missed out on the underwater features and air-time features (hang glider stuff).

Check out this GIF I made—I'm playing as Luigi, and I manage to squeak by Mario in the final few feet of the race to take it all.

5VuY7j.gif

So good. Would've been heartbreaking for Mario if it was online.

LOVIN' it
I only ever played the console iterations, and as such I missed out on the underwater features and air-time features (hang glider stuff).

Check out this GIF I made—I'm playing as Luigi, and I manage to squeak by Mario in the final few feet of the race to take it all.

5VuY7j.gif

That was smooth, wow.

DedValve

Banned
I have a question.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy and it won't come until next week at the earliest! Since I'm seeing no cancel option on it I guess I have to ship it back to it whenever it arrives? Would they allow that? I also redeemed the $10 gift card promotion but haven't used it yet (though I'm not sure how much that matters).

I really just want to go to gamestop and buy the game today. I'm not waiting no damn 2 weeks after launch.

I contacted Bestbuy late 29th/early 30th but I won't get an answer until wed-thursday the earliest. Man fuck bestbuy, I should have stuck with Amazon Prime.

Just bumping this in case it got lost in the giddy of all you lucky fools playing :(

So I went in 100CC not realizing you got 50CC trophies as well. I was worried about character unlocks, but you can go to any 50 CC you have not played and get new characters. So just a heads up!

Spinluck

Man you can have all the luck sometimes, and then have absolutely none the next race lol. When that happens, it's a really ugly thing.

I haven't played a lot yet but Electrodome is definitely my weakest track right now. Played it thrice and have drifted into the abyss 4 times total.

Speaking of, I love how falling into a pit doesn't screw you over all that much compared to older iterations. Never played 7 so I don't know if that's new.

Brizzo24

So good. I bet Mario was pissed. Was this online?

haha, I WISH! It was not online. I only just got the game, and plan on playing through each of the 8 cups at least once before going online ;)

2 things...

How do you pop a wheelie on a motorcycle using the Gamepad controller?

Best way to get a fast start? I start gassing right at the 2 second mark, but I know there's a way to get an even better jump start.

haha, I WISH! It was not online. I only just got the game, and plan on playing through each of the 8 cups at least once before going online ;)

2 things...

How do you pop a wheelie on a motorcycle using the Gamepad controller?

Best way to get a fast start? I start gassing right at the 2 second mark, but I know there's a way to get an even better jump start.

No more manual wheelies. They only happen when you get a boost.

Ouroboros

Just pulled the trigger on purchasing MK8. For anyone who hasn't, ToysRus.com is having a deal giving you 40% off another WiiU game while purchasing MK8 (and free shipping for some reason). I got Wonderful101...turns out to only be $18.

how are the coins collected counted?

A) Every Coin you collect, even if you lose them by getting hit

B) Only the Coins you finish a race with

which one?

Top Bottom