• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Exile20

Do you know what a fluid 60fps looks like? I don't see how the two are related at all. I said later on it looked like 720p to me, but I could have sworn it was expected to be 1080p as Nintendo had released 1080p screens and such for it, but maybe that's Smash Bros.

I really wonder how many people would have noticed the 1 fps drop if there was no df. Cause we had e3 and the best buy events plus private events to play the game and no one said anything. I am not going to argue, if you notice it then you notice it.

Anyway the game freaking awesome.

atr0cious

1080%C2%B0_Avalanche.png

First thing I thought of on the last lap

I haven't played a mario kart since 1.

But I remember in the SNES version you specifically had maps designed for battle mode... and all I am seeing in this are the current tracks that you race on also used for battle mode? What?

Yep... All the other Mario Karts had battle mode tracks. This one seems like they just slapped normal tracks into battle mode.

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh yeah, I'm Cheddahz in the tournament, for anyone who didn't know (though I think I'm the only person with that name anyways, so.....)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I loved Music Park in the 3ds one but the gaf lobby has played it so damn much already.

Also I still have no idea if it's faster or not to glide through the area with the jumping notes or not.

I got coin for every single item except once in that MK Stadium game and still stayed in first the whole time lol. Bad luck for the person in second I guess?

DedValve

Banned
I have a question.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy and it won't come until next week at the earliest! Since I'm seeing no cancel option on it I guess I have to ship it back to it whenever it arrives? Would they allow that? I also redeemed the $10 gift card promotion but haven't used it yet (though I'm not sure how much that matters).

I really just want to go to gamestop and buy the game today. I'm not waiting no damn 2 weeks after launch.

I contacted Bestbuy late 29th/early 30th but I won't get an answer until wed-thursday the earliest. Man fuck bestbuy, I should have stuck with Amazon Prime.

I feel like it's a lot easier to hold First online. I mean I spectate, watch a few separate from the pack and the next race when they're in 1st, 2nd and 3rd starting positions, 1st almost never budges because of the lack of items that universally challenge the rhythm of all racers. I guess what I'm saying is that I miss the POW Block and I miss saving it for when the pack leaders went across jumps, it actually gave the pack a chance to diversify but because of the lack of such items first and second almost never budge per race.

That's just my experience so far. The item balance is a little off, I mean the most 4th place can hope for is a mushroom. Anything below 3rd and above 8th gets REALLY shitty items. This makes 1st and 2nd way more safe to be in and stay in than previous games. A little too much maybe.

Darn communications errors :(.

Sherbert land is my favourite GCN course in this game. I love how they added an entire underwater section as opposed to the water just freezing you.

Is there a way to get some of the HUD off the gamepad and onto the main screen? I need to see the map on the main screen. I'm not looking down.

no, I have no idea who thought that was cool. I mean, not even to give the option...

whats up with this game and the lack of options lol. Its like they spent so much time making the core gameplay/visuals really good and fuck everything else

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Wow, terrible. The gamepad is actually bad for the game!

I've got used to it on the WiiU gamepad but I wish they would give us options. I'd like to use the triggers for acceleration and brake.

Top Bottom