• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Thanks for the answers!.

So i guess to unlock all characters i need to beat all cups on 50/100/150 cc right? even i alredy bet a higher cc cup?
If I counted right there are 14 characters to unlock and 8 cups so 100 and 150 CC (or 50 and 100 if you prefer) is all that is needed if I understood right (I've only done the 8 cups in 100 CC).

I can't see on Dry Dry Ruins. On a non-HD TV there's just this haze everywhere. I crashed into walls that I thought were track like 3 times lol. But still going strong, 5 1sts in a row!

EDIT: The dream is dead. Freaking dolphins.

scitek

I really wonder how many people would have noticed the 1 fps drop if there was no df. Cause we had e3 and the best buy events plus private events to play the game and no one said anything. I am not going to argue, if you notice it then you notice it.

Anyway the game freaking awesome.

I'd have noticed because it's practically perfect except for that one little hitch. I don't consider it a big deal, just a shame. I noticed the frame drops in SM3DWorld, too, but no one else really seemed to.

Spinluck

After gaf beats me down I play a couple of games on Global to get my confidence back up. Global is eeeaaaaaassssyyyy compared to the gaf lobby.

Yeah. I'm just using it as a way to get situated with the tracks since I'm already bored with the CPU.

Only got 2nd place once out of 5. Blue shell robbed me right before the finish.

That's the first time I haven't come first on music park, doesn't feel good.

You weren't even close! Don't feel bad though, I'm a music park master. I accidentally changed my controls one time and couldn't move for like 30 seconds, but still ended up getting first.

Also, that Tick Tock Clock went too badly, I'm out. I'll be back later though!

Seeing a Blue Shell move from the back of the pack to the front grazing players on its way to the leader is terrifying. Seeing the resulting blue explosion a little ways ahead of you adds to the terror.

Brizzo24

LOVIN' it
I only ever played the console iterations, and as such I missed out on the underwater features and air-time features (hang glider stuff).

Check out this GIF I made—I'm playing as Luigi, and I manage to squeak by Mario in the final few feet of the race to take it all.

5VuY7j.gif

I should be on for the next 6 hours, lol. My first day sitting down and spending a good amount of time with this game.

I'll be in the GAF lobby most of the time. I'm Fluxx, btw. I'm in the lobby right now actually. Very fun!

Top Bottom