• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I've noticed how sometimes a turtle (green or red) with flip you in some instances while just spinning you out in others. Any rhyme or reason for that?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wooo I played one gaf game and took 3rd one of you dicks robbed me bad. How do the points work? I joined and earned 7 everyone else had round 90-100

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Im seriously struggling on 150cc. Any tips would be helpful!
Don't crash win lots

Not many tips needed except master the slide and realize sometimes trying to slide all the time costs you while learning the game.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Don't crash win lots

Not many tips needed except master the slide and realize sometimes trying to slide all the time costs you while learning the game.

Lol, guess I need to try harder not to crash them :) The bit about sliding might be something to think about, as I pretty much try to slide constantly, but doesnt seem to get it to work all the time. Do I interupt the buildup by pressing forward on the analog stick (which I might do when changing from one side to the other)?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
XDOX you giving bowser a bad name and that's saying something. That bomb on DK jungle was dirty.

I'm DK (Colin 2014) btw. Come at me

boxter432

2nd GAF win :) was in first and got a red shell..took an intenttionally took a wide turn on the giant anti grav hairpin on Mario Kart staduim to use it on 2nd place right when they pased me. so satisfying ;) sorry March from Canada, but you sniped me on our 1 on 1 battles!

Metalmarc

Love this game, finally played it today i got 2nd place first attempt at the game, vs comp, 100cc though
And i suck at video games that and im one of those that barely plays games much, *hangs head in shame* so imagine my suprise when i played this for a solid two hours straight.

:D

boxter432

argh got dc'd

image.php

spekkeh

Banned
Haha fired it up for the first time an hour ago, I haven't played Mario kart since 64. Immediately won every race in 50cc. Thought I'd be good online. Thought wrong.

But playing online is a tonne of fun. The miis and way it's set up gives it a lot of character. I wish there were some more banter chat options though.

Raw64life

Got this 24 hours ago and have spent about 10 of those hours playing it between my own copy and at a friend's house. Grand Prix with friends is awesome despite the frame rate drop. Battle mode, man what a disappointment. How hard is it to make a block fort?

Top Bottom