• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

javac

Took a bunch of screens while playing today. Hope it's okay to post them here :)
jD2xSsWK.jpg

FOQBEscI.jpg

W2380guT.jpg

GL8mR1e0.jpg

YrOJZ9sU.jpg

javac

I'm really good with drifting imo so I usually end up in first at the start, but I either bump into items people are holding or get bombarded at the last second.

Woffls

UGH. There is nothing worse than overshooting the last corner on that haunted mansion and getting stuck behind the tree :(

The simplicity of the online and how smooth it is, is absolutely amazing.

After playing the travesty that was MLB the show 2014 on Ps4 as far as online goes, this is such a breath of fresh air.

No problem finding and joining my friend quickly. No problem jumping in with randoms quickly and easily, and the responsiveness and smoothness of the online is amazing. I am sure it's using some insane interpolation but the illusion that it creates is spot on.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ill be joining you guys soon, just will play a bit more of the single player, so much stuff I havent unlocked yet.

Was lucky to have a neighbor who bought the game yesterday and was willing to loan it to me for a few hours. After 2 hours of playing.....

+Visuals are pretty fantastic.
+Replays are fun to watch and mess with.
+Difficulty so far seems perfectly reasonable. If I race really well, I win every time, even on 150cc. That's so awesome for a racing game fan like me. That's how it should be.

-The frame duplicating problem is really noticeable for me. It's not ruining the experience, but it's definitely a real blemish. I'd be so happy if it gets fixed via an update.
-I really wish I had the option to put the information on the screen like the old games. Track map, racers position list, and even times during grand prix races. It's useless on the gamepad screen.
-It would be so awesome if the game incorporated online leaderboards.

Top Bottom