• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

So is there no options menu? not even for the online settings like region settings, customizing the mii and such? o_O? how does MK7 have these but this one doesnt?

Lunzio

So I've learned that this game hates me.

I don't ever get hit with just 1 shell when in 1st. I get hit with another. And then a Piranha Plant. And then a bomb.

prag16

Banned
So I've learned that this game hates me.

I don't ever get hit with just 1 shell when in 1st. I get hit with another. And then a Piranha Plant. And then a bomb.

Just means you gotta have a huge lead to survive the barrage. I got thunderfucked by three red shells (blocked the first with a banana) and then a blue shell 20 feet from the finish line. The field must have been beating the shit out of eachother which allowed me to open up a huge lead. Even after that it still wasn't that close.

Then of course the other extreme happened to me earlier as well. Got destroyed repeatedly on the last stretch and went from 1st to 9th. It's times like those when I wish there was something more strongly worded than "Not fair." as an option in the lobby text chat...

prag16

Banned
GAF

STOP WITH THE LIGHTNING STRIKES LOL

They're good tires, just handled a bit too wide on the kart I was using. I prefer Slick myself.

Wait, cyber slick and slick have different properties? I thought the stats were the same...

Hidden stats? When will somebody lift the curtain on the full extent of this... how long did it take with MK Wii?

Redberyl

Neo Member
Gaffers, you lot are some racers, goddamn!

Seriously. Did three races, came in last or second to last all three times.

Reminds me of the time I went go karting as a kid - scouted out the car way out in front in the previous race, snagged it right away, turns out it was actually the slowest car and everyone else almost lapped me.

Time to do some training on worldwide.

kizmah

7apWvZH.jpg

Top Bottom