• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

I can't help but feel the item balance in this game is way off, if you come first one race you have a much higher chance than everyone else to come within the top 3 in the next race.

Feltrol

Banned
Thanks for the games, everyone!

Polyhedron, Ivan, Roo, Papercuts and everyone else, I hope we all get to race against each other soon! It was a lot of fun.

Worthy rivals.
:p

Is it just me, or does this game have a boner for mushrooms? Any time I'm not in first, it's mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms. In 12th, on a track with no decent shortcuts? Here, have a mushroom! Triple mushroom, even! Oh, what's that? You used them all and picked up another item box? Have some more!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wed.: 7:23
Thurs.: 7:32 (Haha, just noticed the weird pattern)
Fri: 13:19 (I know, I know...)
Sat: 4:18
Sun.: 12:37

So, in total, looks like 44 hours and 29 minutes...I just made myself sad.

Atleast you got it Wednesday!

I got it around 3pm on Friday...

TavFxBWl.jpg

AsDFBHT.gif

Is it just me, or does this game have a boner for mushrooms? Any time I'm not in first, it's mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms. In 12th, on a track with no decent shortcuts? Here, have a mushroom! Triple mushroom, even! Oh, what's that? You used them all and picked up another item box? Have some more!

You even get them in first place now, which is quite awesome to be honest. Item balance is sure something. It's really well down this time.

Nudull

Banned

Polyhedron, Ivan, Roo, Papercuts and everyone else, I hope we all get to race against each other soon! It was a lot of fun.

Worthy rivals.

^_^ I'm heading out soon, too. Thanks in advance for the games, everyone!

Your time will come. :p

Worthy rivals.
Wish I could've played more but the game kept putting me into empty rooms after that time where we all got disconnected.

Am I recalling correctly that in MKW time trials you always got the better turbo start while here you have to actually get the timing right for the better turbo start. Still not quite got the timing on that perfect (especially as I use Lakitu as my timing point).

I can't help but feel the item balance in this game is way off, if you come first one race you have a much higher chance than everyone else to come within the top 3 in the next race.
I'd prefer it if it was F-Zero style where first place winner is at back of the grid next race.

What a week. The fact it did better than MK7 and worse than MKW too...I sadly don't recall if those boundaries were ever figured (my gut says 100k). If watch dogs splits are ever spilled there might be a good picture of how MK8 did.

Any GAFfer reading this who is on the fence:

This game is the real deal. I'm not a Nintendo nut, not a Mario Kart nut. I love all consoles equally and I've dipped in and out of the series - don't know most of the remade tracks. This is the real deal.

The unlocking, etc - fine. But 12-player online matches are Mario Kart taken to the logical conclusion. The replay feature makes it a great party game. This will be on rotation for months.

Does it justify a console? Yes. This + 3d World + Nintendoland + Pikmin 3 + W101 have justified the console. Get one while you can.

vanty

I came first I think....? Was being weird, like twice as long as normal for the item roulette. Then or dropped connection with half the field still to finish the race.

Top Bottom