• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Tirod

There's a banana in front of me move. There's a banana in front of me move. There's a banana in front of me move. There's a banana in front of me move.
Continues to just drive straight into it.

Ruined my hold on 1st. :(

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
DemandingDelightfulHeterodontosaurus.gif
Bravo sir! I keep sending these gifs to my friends I played with yesterday, great material :)

Robin64

There's a banana in front of me move. There's a banana in front of me move. There's a banana in front of me move. There's a banana in front of me move.
Continues to just drive straight into it.

Ruined my hold on 1st. :(

Haha, I know that feeling.

"Right.. or left? RIGHT OR LEFT? Oh shiiii-"

Happens far too much.

The Piranha Plant is a love hate for me. It has similarities to the chain chomp minus autopilot but I find that the uncontrolled boosts it gives me are dangerous. I keep getting it on Rainbow road and boosting off the edge.

Also single player. While 150 CC clears count for lower classes mirror does not count for 150 CC.

They have to update MKTV's edit/export tools to allow for slow mo. Jesus god.
I'm hoping for an update. I got a great photo finish against the AI (snatched first by less than 1 kart length and it goes to the side too) which needs slowmo to work best.

Robin64

So I guess patch wishes thus far are:

• Stutter removal
  • Friend leaderboard for Time Trials
  • Slow-motion for MKTV exports
  • Full race for MKTV exports
  • Create Friend party then open to Global for online
  • Ability to delete a Tournament you created
  • Remove falling through floor bug

And DLC wishes are:

• Battle Arenas
  • Extra characters, such as Diddy Kong, King Boo and Birdo.
  • Some new cups of four new tracks each

I have faith we'll at least get some patch stuff, they're pretty good about that these days. Even Pikmin 3 got a patch the other day for a feature nobody knew they wanted.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wonder if they would touch balancing at all through a patch. Item oddities aside, 2nd place should absolutely not get triple red shells as it's one of the most blatantly unfair things that can happen.

vanty

In time trials is there no second, actually difficult staff ghost? I'm sure I remember in the previous games the staff ghost you first see is easy enough for anyone half decent to beat without issue, then that unlocks a second one that you need to be pretty good to beat. But I've seen no such thing and it seems the stamp unlocks are all just for one staff ghost with no mention of a second.

BKSmash

I hate how neglected Bowser jr is in everyones ''character DLC'' wishes.. He and Diddy Kong are my two ''why the hell aren't they included'' characters. They both have big roles in the games they're in and are loved by almost everyone, so why not?

I wonder if they would touch balancing at all through a patch. Item oddities aside, 2nd place should absolutely not get triple red shells as it's one of the most blatantly unfair things that can happen.

Then 2nd can only really overtake first if first gets coins as an item or hit with a blue shell. It's tricky, because you generally can't just outrace someone.

Edit-I suppose fire flowers and piranha plants could get the job done, but their frequency for second would need to be increased if triple reds were eliminated for that position.

Personally I think the penalty for getting hit should be reduced to two coins. Losing three coins just feels overly punishing to me. They can be extremely hard to come by if you aren't in the top 3. Getting hit twice in a row and having to build up 6 coins again, especially if you aren't already maxed out, is incredibly demoralizing. Especially since you lost position too.

Also, voice chat on/off should absolutely be a tournament option.

Nudull

Banned
Has a Blooper ever managed to screw up anyone? Once you get a memory of a certain track, that thing starts getting pretty damn useless. :p

Recall

The game is very barebones yet it still plays fantastically well and online is incredible. It is very much a gameplay over content title.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Then 2nd can only really overtake first if first gets coins as an item or hit with a blue shell. It's tricky, because you generally can't just outrace someone.

Personally I think the penalty for getting hit should be reduced to two coins. Losing three coins just feels overly punishing to me. They can be extremely hard to come by if you aren't in the top 3. Getting hit twice in a row and having to build up 6 coins again, especially if you aren't already maxed out, is incredibly demoralizing. Especially since you lost position too.

Also, voice chat on/off should absolutely be a tournament option.

Triple/single mushrooms still seem fairly common which can ideally help the most, though the issue with that is it's not nearly as useful across the board as some stages don't have good opportunities to really cut corners and close gaps. Not to mention being defenseless to someone behind you. Some of the newer items which would help here like the boomerang and piranha which eat through items, but they do seem infrequent around that placement.

I do see it from that angle though, as 1st can already turtle up a lot more now...and I can imagine trying to actually balance this crazy stuff is a nightmare, but something about it just feels brutally unfair in a way the blue shells haven't to me. With the changes to the items it's easily the strongest weapon in the game, since even with the blue shell slayer you're only stopping a single shell and are wide open to a double hit(which is more often than not dumping you multiple spots back even with a sizeable lead, or maybe even a straight triple hit if you do have a coin). Not to mention the sheer threat of the defensive wall if you're in third and the guy in second refuses to shoot them until later.

I really doubt they're going to mess with that kind of stuff anyway, but that shit gets me salty as hell.

And yeah, voice stuff would be nice. Or, like, any options in general for the game.

Jeez, the credit videos are horribly compressed. Dark, noise everywhere, pretty disgusting.
Look at it like this. At least it makes the eShop version smaller.

So I guess patch wishes thus far are:
Assuming we've adding things to the list and hopefully it won't get out of hand.
Ability to race against multiple ghosts (I only seem to be able to race 1) though I guess the max would be 5 due to download constraints
Option to get better turbo start by default on time trials

Robin64

Look at it like this. At least it makes the eShop version smaller.

Assuming we've adding things to the list and hopefully it won't get out of hand.
Ability to race against multiple ghosts (I only seem to be able to race 1) though I guess the max would be 5 due to download constraints
Option to get better turbo start by default on time trials

Though why are there download constraints anyway? It seems really weird.

Top Bottom