• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Someone made a replay of the AI flat out not letting him win. I guess I wasn't wrong when I said the computer determines whether or not you'll win a race before it begins on 150cc and mirror mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQtXvXWgdHA
That's an online match with severe lag, as demonstrated by that blue shell.

So what you're seeing at the end is just severe latency.

EDIT: The speed could be explained by coins BTW. Alternatively it's the game's lag compensation kicking in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't mind toad's turnpike, I especially like when the truck lines up right and you can glide over the highway.

Bloopers are the worst on that track though. And they always seem to show up.

Dr Prob

Banned
EOt71f5.png

Tirod hits me with a shell, I drop to 3rd. Game gives me lightning then a shroom.

It's a good day to be alive!

Doorman

I can tell that it's once again Mario Kart season in the Doorman household because suddenly the only operative phrases I find myself muttering aloud are "god-fucking-dammit" or "of-fucking-course." Ahh, it's like MKWii never left.

Also this room has been tough as hell. Consistent bottom-half finishes tell me it might be time to tweak my setup again. ...Or I should just stop.

Seik

Banned
It looks like Bowser clearly crossed the finish line first, and this is ignoring the fact that Bowser has a higher top speed so Larry shouldn't have been catching up at the end in the first place.

Oh, yeah you're right, I just checked up the rankings at the end and it doesn't make sense. o_O

Fess

First time Mario Kart player, I've been playing with the wifey for 2 days now and I can't believe what I've been missing out on for all these years, this game is just puuure awesomeness! I haven't had this much fun in a racing game for as long as I can remember! 10/10

Chaos17

Originally Posted by Kinsei

It looks like Bowser clearly crossed the finish line first, and this is ignoring the fact that Bowser has a higher top speed so Larry shouldn't have been catching up at the end in the first place.

Someone feel your pain too.

iJ5TRPa.gif

AdanVC

So in conclusion, Comm errors occour when one or several people on the lobby have a weak Internet connection and the game chooses to disconnect everyone in order to have a lag-free race?

mstevens

It's pretty incredible that for the price of one game, I got this amazing game, a free wheel, Wii Party U and the DDP bumped me up enough to get NES Remix 2 for free.

Gotta love Nintendo.

Oh, yeah you're right, I just checked up the rankings at the end and it doesn't make sense. o_O
As I said earlier, it's just lag. Severe lag. Notice how on the scoreboard every player's row is black. This means that it's an online match. Now look at the blue shell. The horrendous lag is very visible there.

There is no CPU cheating going on here. One of the two players in that lobby just has a shitty connection.

ChrisD

|OT| Flaws, but Glaring is not one of them
|OT| Glaring Victory
|OT| Waluigi's/Luigi's Glaring Flaws

What is the theoretical highest speed? Bowser in that Mach 8 Kart? (Think that Kart has the highest speed?)

Top Bottom