• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

SHarris78

Speaking of the spreadsheet, i'm only adding UK 'gaffers as am usually an early evening gamer, so any uk people on the list, expect friend requests!

Thank God i'm off on holiday for the next week or the wait would be unbareable!!

If there's DLC in Mario Golf but not in Mario Kart, I will accept a 2 week GAF ban.

Hmmm you may get one then.

Nintendo seem to be very cautions with DLC. I would love to see it happen for this game though, I would shell out some money for more courses, characters, or parts.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fantastic OP! It look so beautiful.

Also 1 Week Hype! :)

i6DN8kLumlqHV.gif

Yay MK8 OT.
Never knew there's an irc channel for mkgaf lol

I just made one out of the hype because of Mario Kart Direct.

Hype! I just added myself to the Google Doc, but if anyone wants someone who will be playing MK on their friends list then add me!

ONE WEEK TO GO. CHOO CHOO.

Davey Cakes

For the love of god, please change title. Obscure jokes aren't funny or clever. Otherwise, nice job
How's it obscure? The game features going upside down. Everyone knows this.

Plus the title was already agreed upon by the majority of people in one of the other MK8 threads.

Better this than some title that's trying to be clever in its wording. Just enjoy it for being something different.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
HERE WE GO!!!!!!! :D

added myself to the spreadsheet

Very nice OT! I love the subtitle

I would kill for that upside-down font on my member tag!

This is going to be my first console MK since MK64. I've been sold on it since Nintendo first showed it at last years E3 Direct. Glad to see it turned out as well as it looks.

I just wish it was out today since I'm heading out of town to visit some friends and bringing my Wii U with NSMBU and Mario 3D World.

Khrno

ShopTo just took the money and dispatch is being processed.

Last time they took the money for a pre-order on the Friday of the week before release, I got the game by Tuesday (releases are Fridays), hope it gets here early this time too!

akaoni

Banned
The blue shell and the elastic band are necessary evils as much as I curse them. Playing a bunch of Sonic Racing Transformed lately one apparent flaw that became more and more obvious was that there were no items capable of reeling the leader in, the bees being the only option were not a guaranteed hit, and if you're with the rest of the pack you will fall back thanks to items. Basically if you exploit this by relying on speed, getting a little in front of the pack is enough to call the race over in the right hands, being out in the lead is 'low risk & high reward' compared to other positions, it's a rookie balancing mistake. Don't think it's worth an entire thread to state the obvious, so there you go!

ironic because the title is trying to be clever. Visually, it looks goofy as shit (backward AND upside down? ) and the fact that you have to explain it shows the joke falls flat. :(

I "got it" when I first saw it, just saying. Although I don't think it's a joke as in meant to be funny, it's just kind of a neato thing. :)

Hey so... that DLC section on the original post - has there been any hints there will be or is it just wishful thinking?

Top Bottom