• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

javac

Great OP. Ahhhh can't wait for this game, hope it's delivered by Friday.

I hope I get it a day or two earlier :)
Don't let me down now postman!

I have two copies ordered. The regular game for £32 and the Nintendo Store limited edition with the shirt, keyring and Blue Shell for £59. No idea which to keep :$

Cheddahz

Banned
Just added all of my details to the Google Spreadsheet! I'm hoping that this game is just as good as Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, but nonetheless, it still looks fun (and it'll be my first Mario Kart game since Super Mario Kart)!

phanphare

Banned
OP is really well made.

Just a slight nitpick: the coin is not a new item. It appeared in SNES and 3DS.

correct me if I'm wrong but you could collect coins in those two games but isn't Mario Kart 8 the first one where it's an item you can get from a ?-block?

Berordn

In this game you actually get coins in the item boxes too.

Which still makes it a returning item from Super Mario Kart, technically.

But with a 22 year absence it's probably fair to call it new, since coins work a little differently now anyway.

Davey Cakes

I can only assume you're on some sort of blackout because...
I'm on a bit of a blackout. I've seen some footage and watched some adds but I haven't delved into the gameplay videos and I haven't even watched all the trailers.

Funny thing is, I've probably seen more footage than I have heard music for the game. I'm only familiar with the main theme.

Excited to enjoy the soundtrack for the first time as I'm playing.

One week from release and I'm rather happy that I'm going in mostly fresh.

Just added my NNID to the spreadsheet. It is I.Am.Error.1

I'm not familiar with adding people using their NNID, is it necessary to add the other person back, or when someone adds me I just receive a confirmation to allow it?

Just added my NNID to the spreadsheet. It is I.Am.Error.1

I'm not familiar with adding people using their NNID, is it necessary to add the other person back, or when someone adds me I just receive a confirmation to allow it?

Unless it's changed since the last time I did it, just one person has to enter the other's name and send the request which the second person has to then accept/refuse using the friend's list menu.

I hope I get it a day or two earlier :)
Don't let me down now postman!

I have two copies ordered. The regular game for £32 and the Nintendo Store limited edition with the shirt, keyring and Blue Shell for £59. No idea which to keep :$

Limited edition comes with a shirt as well?

Unless it's changed since the last time I did it, just one person has to enter the other's name and send the request which the second person has to then accept/refuse using the friend's list menu.

Oh, cool! thanks!

Just a heads up for anyone that adds me, I'll only be able to accept the requests tomorrow. My Wii U stays at my parents house, and I only go there in weekends.

Revven

ONE WEEK LEFT HYPE!!!

WFHoXir.gif

iratA

Nice art in the OT! Only a matter of days now. While waiting for this I picked up Nintendoland and OMG is it a lot of fun.

Nintendoland Mini-review - for those thinking about picking it up as one of the free games with MK8:

Its got that Nintendo Magic that people often talk about. The coin/prize mini-game is all kinds of awesome which adds a collectible element (tbh I don't remember it being mentioned in any reviews). If you have some friends or family willing to play + the extra controllers needed, this comes highly recommended. The solo stuff in there is certainly worth a play too. The game also pays homage to Famous Nintendo IP so if 'Fan Service' is your thing then its got that going for it as well. A solid 8/10 from me.

Ah, just one week left. I haven't been this excited in ages :D

In the unlikely event that Nintendo's servers survive the onslaught midnight next Thursday/Friday I'll be up all night playing this baby. I'm sure everyone can't wait to start beating me up online :'{

I'll add my NNID to the list :)

Smilax

I added myself to the spreadsheet! I can't wait to race with you guys. I just hope I don't make a certain someone mad at me again...

Top Bottom