• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Ninja Dom

Nah, you just get the game cheaper than the eShop regardless of if you bought Super Mario Kart VC or not. You get the download code instantly right now as well, just a shame you can't redeem it until midnight!

FUCK!!! Right I'm buying a code RIGHT NOW!!!

And I'm still eligible for the free game too I presume???

I was notified that my order is waiting for pickup at Best Buy (ordered online for store pickup). The email said I can't pick it up until tomorrow, but I stopped by on the way to work just in case..

They wouldn't give it to me. EVEN THOUGH I CAN SEE IT SITTING THERE IN THEIR LITTLE STORE PICKUP AREA BEHIND THE COUNTER. I could physically see the game case.

:(

sounds like going to a strip club

ffdgh

I was notified that my order is waiting for pickup at Best Buy (ordered online for store pickup). The email said I can't pick it up until tomorrow, but I stopped by on the way to work just in case..

They wouldn't give it to me. EVEN THOUGH I CAN SEE IT SITTING THERE IN THEIR LITTLE STORE PICKUP AREA BEHIND THE COUNTER. I could physically see the game case.

:(

It's just sitting there...Menacingly!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

yes. Just don't register the code at club nintendo until after 10am UK time tomorrow

edit: hold on - how does it work for downloads? There isn't a pin, and if your NNID is linked to your club nintendo account it'll register it automatically won't it?

Does that mean you shouldn't buy it until after 10am, or are eshop purchases fine anytime (its just physical versions you shouldn't register)?

Robin64

I assume these tournaments that have been created for GAF have no time limits on them and so function exactly as MK7 communities, right?

Hasney

Free game yes, just do the survey on your club Nintendo page tomorrow and....

39.99£ is roughly 49.1 €, so if you buy the game from eshop with the snes mario kart discount, it stays for 51€ plus you get the digital points which might get you 5€ back to the store... i think...it might still be worth depending if you have some digital points or not.

Yup, you still get the digital deluxe points and they're added at the eShop price, not the price you bought it for, which is nice. You also get Game reward points at a lower rate (2.5%), but only based on the £39.99 you spend.

I assume these tournaments that have been created for GAF have no time limits on them and so function exactly as MK7 communities, right?

It doesn't matter. During the set period, points are accumulated, so it's an actual competition. Outside the period, you can still play with the rest of the community - but no points are awarded.

Ninja Dom

yes. Just don't register the code at club nintendo until after 10am UK time tomorrow

edit: hold on - how does it work for downloads? There isn't a pin, and if your NNID is linked to your club nintendo account it'll register it automatically won't it?

Does that mean you shouldn't buy it until after 10am, or are eshop purchases fine anytime (its just physical versions you shouldn't register)?

Understood.

Better for me to get it for £39.99 download code from GAME than £49.99 from the eShop plus SMK discount. Ordering now.

daydream

Banned

I never dabbled in MK7 online stuff, but I think you set a start and end time for serious participation (= one time chance to get a good score in x races). If the tournament hasn't started yet or you've already participated, you just race for fun. I think that's how it works.

Son Of D

So the Tesco in Exeter had the game on display but when I went to buy it I was told that it was due out tomorrow and that it wasn't meant to be on the shop floor. Ah well, was worth a try.

In this case it says the terms mention something about a pin on the eShop order receipt. However, downloads appear in Games & systems automatically yes, but have a complete survey link in my registered games. The survey for retail games should be the registration survey and you'll earn your stars then.

Robin64

It doesn't matter. During the set period, points are accumulated, so it's an actual competition. Outside the period, you can still play with the rest of the community - but no points are awarded.

Oh, that's fantastic. I was expecting it to be closed entirely outside of hours. Great way of doing it.

B00TE

Yeah but is it allowed? like no DMCA take down etc
Because I don't want my account to get banned.

Yup, you'll be fine. Plenty of people have been streaming the last two days, for several hours. They would have been shut down pretty quick if it was a problem, if Watch Dogs early release was any indicator.

Going to get my eShop card later. So HYPED to play tonight! :D

I'm sure it's fine. Lots of people have been streaming.

Yup, you'll be fine. Plenty of people have been streaming the last two days, for several hours. They would have been shut down pretty quick if it was a problem, if Watch Dogs early release was any indicator.

Going to get my eShop card later. So HYPED to play tonight! :D
Thanks for the info got the game in so wanted to know if streaming was ok :)

Hasney

Tried entering it? Didn't work for me yesterday.

I will be trying it once per hour. Hell, it's always midnight somewhere and a switch could be flicked!

It won't be until midnight BST though :(

Could anyone verify this/not?

Downloads don't register on Club Nintendo for like 24 hours iirc.

The games usually appear on the UK Club Nintendo instantly after your first play. However, it doesn't register until you fill out that mandatory survey, so I wouldn't worry if they exist in your country.

Free game yes, just do the survey on your club Nintendo page tomorrow and....

Yup, you still get the digital deluxe points and they're added at the eShop price, not the price you bought it for, which is nice. You also get Game reward points at a lower rate (2.5%), but only based on the £39.99 you spend.

So i get the deluxe points based on the price the game costs at the eshop and not the price i paid for?Now im confused, i have the snes mario kart and i was considering buying it from the eshop instead of buying the code from GAME uk....

Hasney

So i get the deluxe points based on the price the game costs at the eshop and not the price i paid for?Now im confused, i have the snes mario kart and i was considering buying it from the eshop instead of buying the code from GAME uk....

Yup. I've bought quite a few games from Game and they all come up with the current eShop price. Hell, Amazon even screwed up my Nintendoland when I pre-ordered the console, sent me a download code, and that was added to my Digital Deluxe at the eShop RRP.

XultrA

Neo Member
Got it since yesterday. Yeah.
The whole family is playing. Aliasing is bad but 4 split screen is great with the higher resolution.
Must play

Peace buy it !

icespide

Banned
so best buy says my wii u bundle is ready for pick up. what are the chances they'll let me take it today? or should I just wait till tomorrow?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Is this wheel sold somewhere in Europe? If not could anyone share with me a link from a japanese store in Japan? Thanks!

mario_kart_8_racing_wheel_wii_u_japan_c.jpg

Yup. I've bought quite a few games from Game and they all come up with the current eShop price. Hell, Amazon even screwed up my Nintendoland when I pre-ordered the console, sent me a download code, and that was added to my Digital Deluxe at the eShop RRP.

So i assume that if i buy the game(mk8) from eshop with the smk discount i will only get the digital points based on the price i payed after the discount?

Top Bottom