• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Baleoce

I've never got anything early from amazon whenever I've pre-ordered. Only reason I opted for them this time was because the steelcase is exclusive. Otherwise I'd have just gone shopto as normal. It's a slightly odd state of affairs when getting a game on time means you're one of the last to start playing xD

Jucksalbe

Banned
Any GAF tournament planned? I really don't understand how tournaments work.

There's a tournament set up under "4939-5939-3528".

From what I understand, you set up a time period in which people can play as much as they want and the points they get are added up. When that time period is over points are reset. You can play outside that period but the points don't count.

Mesoian

From what I understand, you set up a time period in which people can play as much as they want and the points they get are added up. When that time period is over points are reset. You can play outside that period but the points don't count.

I feel like the dog starring at the peanut butter jar.

How do I join this tournament?

Kurtofan

So tournaments are open to more than 12 players?

MisterM

My estimated delivery date is Saturday :(

People have apparently spoken to Tesco Customer Services who have confirmed that you will receive a tracking number by 8pm tonight and your delivery should arrive tomorrow even though it says expected delivery Saturday on the website.

Fingers crossed!

Anyone tried picking this up at Walmart yet? I know they sometimes fuck up...Either way, might just go pick it up at midnight there since Gamestop isn't having a midnight release.

Just a couple of hours of work are separating me from playing this again!

Tired as fuck as a result of last night session, but who cares. Tonight I'm doing the same again, this games deserves it.

Buburibon

I'm picking up my copy tomorrow morning at a local Future Shop here in Vancouver, and wondering whether I should also get a pro controller to go with it...

Mesoian

In the online menu, select Tournament and then "Access by code" (or something similar), then enter the code.

I think you can have several rooms within a tournament, so yes.

Gotcha. Thanks for that.

Amazon has shipped and my copy is enroute. Should be here just in time for me to get out of the gym.

bwGoDRH.gif

It begins.

The longest day of waiting begins today.

People have apparently spoken to Tesco Customer Services who have confirmed that you will receive a tracking number by 8pm tonight and your delivery should arrive tomorrow even though it says expected delivery Saturday on the website.

Fingers crossed!

George, thank you.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
If you don't find it elsewhere, I could order it for you and post it out to you.
That's very nice of you! But don't bother, I'll get the white official ones I found a couple of them for cheap on leboin.fr. I'll hook them on white wiimotes I don't use anymore, so my girls don't need to switch the wheel on and off their mario/luigi wiimotes.

Nicktendo86

The game has gone up to number 2 on Amazon.co.UK's best sellers and the wiiu bundle has gone up to 32, really hope it gets some decent sales sounds like it deserves it!

I'm going to be staying up to download it tomorrow night.

And I guess I'll play Super Mario 3D World while waiting. Or maybe Mario Kart Wii.
But I'm really excited about it and I'm looking forward to it more than almost any game this year.

Revven

So tournaments are open to more than 12 players?

They are communities from MK7 just under a different name. If you're familiar with how communities worked in MK7, then you should have a better understanding of what MK8's tournaments are and do. The only reason they renamed it is because of the scheduling aspect and points accumulation.

Craft

For People using the Nintendo store I just got this:

Dear Craft,

Thank you for placing order, number XXX with Nintendo UK Store.

You will have recently received your dispatch confirmation detailing delivery of your Mario Kart 8 product on or before the 03/06/2014.

We’re sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. However, we are delighted to inform you that your order for Mario Kart 8 has been dispatched on a next day delivery service.

We expect delivery of your order to be made tomorrow on the release date 30/05/2014.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact a member of our customer support team via your Nintendo UK Store online account.

Many thanks,
Nintendo UK Customer Support

Stulaw

Mario Circuit 60 Seconds. Got disputed for some reason.

Pink Gold Peach isn't a real character, hasn't been in anything before, and there's no "pink gold" anything that even exists. Maybe if she was in New Super Mario Bros 2 and got the gold flower and it made her pink, but she wasn't... It just seems like they wanted a Peach in every weight class, instead of considering other possible female characters for that weight class. Honey Queen was a terrible character, but at least she was a real character, not just made up to fill a weight class...

Google: Rose Gold.

Just got mine, played against 10 japanese dudes online for half an hour and god, did some of them play well! Got raped but still managed to bump my rank a little. xD Good fun, game is incredible so far. Uploading to youtube is also really simple, the tool could allow for a bit more of freedom on the editing side but it's enough, I guess.

J@hranimo

Banned
But "Pink Gold" does exist, according my jewelers. I've seen a few rings with that color. I like it, actually.

0PL6LdN.jpg

Huh interesting. I really thought they pulled that out of their asses :p

Simply because she's Pink...and golden. Does she have different quirks about her like Metal Mario -> Mario?

For those all those that were asking, MK8 tournaments really are just MK7 communities with more tournament options. If you ever got involved with a MK7 community, you know what to expect.

It's great that every tournament gets its own Miiverse community. Pretty nice for posting replays of the tournament races.
Yeah, when I set up the tournaments it automatically put the communities in my favorites in Miiverse. Super cool.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Me to my son: Right son. Get your £40 present money and I'll pick up Mario Kart 8 tomorrow when you're at school.

Son: But you won't play it before I get home will you dad.

Me to my son: er...... Sure. :)

Huh interesting. I really thought they pulled that out of their asses :p

Simply because she's Pink...and golden. Does she have different quirks about her like Metal Mario -> Mario?
She's heavy like him. Hopefully she doesn't speak stupid gibberish like MM, that's basically his only other quirk.

Apologies if this has been asked already, but is this releasing in NA on the eShop at midnight Pacific Time? Or your local time zone? If I set my time zone in the settings to Eastern Time, can I get it a few hours early?

Craft

so basically there's a hope to get it tomorrow? btw which company did they use for your order? Yodel?

Yeah it's Yodel not holding out too much hope of getting it tomorrow though.
I've not had the best experience with them in the past, a couple of occasions they've just flat out lied to me about attempting to deliver a package, and their customer service is useless.
Planning to have a launch party tomorrow so I've ordered a key from Game just in case.

Top Bottom