• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When I'm playing online is the name shown my Nintendo ID username? I made an account ages ago when I got my DSi but the name isn't great. I'm just wondering if I can pick a different nickname.

Question that has likely been answered loads, but I'd like to know (I couldn't find an answer).

If I get 3* on Mirror Mode does that give 3* on everything? 150CC does the lower tiers, so I assume it does, but I would like confirmation :)

hat_hair

Question that has likely been answered loads, but I'd like to know (I couldn't find an answer).

If I get 3* on Mirror Mode does that give 3* on everything? 150CC does the lower tiers, so I assume it does, but I would like confirmation :)

No, Mirror mode seems to be separate

kcxiv

how the hell you get the boost off the line? i cant figure that shit out for the life of me. Sux starting in the back all the time because of it. lol

Liethe

how the hell you get the boost off the line? i cant figure that shit out for the life of me. Sux starting in the back all the time because of it. lol
If you mean at the start of a race, wait to press down acceleration immediately after 2 hits the screen fully. the closer you get to 2 AFTER it hits, the better your boost. But don't try to anticipate it, because if you press before the 2 hits fully, you will "burn out" which means the worst possible start.

Exentryk

Reposting CureVylash's Codes:

GAF Frantic Mode ***********

Anyone wants to try it out?

EDIT - Blue shelled, I mean, Ninja'd.

NotLiquid

BphcCpYIUAEii9T.png

I like it when Nintendo is subtly self-aware

akaoni

Banned
In Frantic you definitely can get mushrooms in 1st place, which is cool. Seems to take 3 players to really function, got triple nanas twice and triple green shells in first place.

I did try it out in a full 12/12 lobby before this and it was crazy, bullet bills everywhere. Items seemed more loose across the grid and distance from 1st went out the window.

505zoom

Thanks for the races GAF. That was a lot more fun than the regional matches I had been playing in. Will play/stream again in about 12 hours.

Exentryk

In Frantic you definitely can get mushrooms in 1st place, which is cool. Seems to take 3 players to really function, got triple nanas twice and triple green shells in first place.

I did try it out in a full 12/12 lobby before this and it was crazy, bullet bills everywhere. Items seemed more loose across the grid and distance from 1st went out the window.

Yeah, more chaotic. I like it :D

-PXG-

I might hop on since I can't seem to go back to sleep. My internal body clock forces me up this early even on days off.

Exentryk

Damn, that was crazy. And there are only 4 players XD
Can't wait for a 12 lobby.

EDIT - Self failing there. Shroomed in to a tree coz why not.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So Frantic Mode's good then? I want to try it now.

Fuck it, I'll just play a few more games before I go to bed. It's almost 5 in the morning here, but who cares?!

Vylash

gotta go for now, but i hope this picks up a bit later, plenty of insanity and crazy stories to be had, maybe the codes could be added to the op?

akaoni

Banned
Frantic mode is the same weapons just distributed differently, so 1st place can get decent items, and you're more likely to get something good when not in 1st place.

Gotta eat.

Top Bottom