• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

ChrisD

Getting a piranha pot in the first item box of the race should be illegal.

Or a Boomerang.

Or Triple Red Shells

Piranha Pot can't really defend your back, and can't be aimed. It just says that nobody can go past you for ten seconds.

Still a hilariously broken item. Like everything else in this series lol.

Roo

Or a Boomerang.

Or Triple Red Shells

Piranha Pot can't really defend your back, and can't be aimed. It just says that nobody can go past you for ten seconds.

Still a hilariously broken item. Like everything else in this series lol.
How is it broken?

ChrisD

How is it broken?

Mostly just in that it gives anyone behind you the Gandalf

Because bro

You shall not pass

Like I said though, it's this series. I love it, I hate it, it's Mario Kart. Being a pessimistic person, I just tend to end up looking at the negative side of things more, which is why it may seem I'm always complaining. :L

Dr Prob

Banned
Such bullshit on Shy Guy Falls. We lapped some poor fellow (a friend of someone?) and at the very end he was mashing around, obstructing my path while eventually someone took the shroomspot and won. Earlier he dropped down out of nowhere like fucking Batman on Rainbow Road when I was pretty much alone in the lead and scared the hell out of me.

Filing a protest. Hopefully he'll be fined accordingly.

Roo

Mostly just in that it gives anyone behind you the Gandalf

Because bro

You shall not pass

Like I said though, it's this series. I love it, I hate it, it's Mario Kart. Being a pessimistic person, I just tend to end up looking at the negative side of things more, which is why it may seem I'm always complaining. :L
Oh, don't worry. It was a genuine question.
I never felt it was broken in any way. It's like comparing it with triple red shells. You can pass a person with those items under your own risk. It may sound OP because it gives you small boosts while attacking other racers but the damage is so minimal I really never paid attention lol.

Such bullshit on Shy Guy Falls. We lapped some poor fellow (a friend of someone?) and at the very end he was mashing around, obstructing my path while eventually someone took the shroomspot and won. Earlier he dropped down out of nowhere like fucking Batman on Rainbow Road when I was pretty much alone in the lead and scared the hell out of me.

Filing a protest. Hopefully he'll be fined accordingly.
Death is too good for that griefer

SCReuter

Lame! Lame! Lame! I was in total zen mode right there then a bunch of shells had to screw it up just before the finish line!

Are games hosted P2P? Was dominating a lobby on the final lap when I got an ingame communication error. Thought the host might have ragequit.

Went from 1300VR to like 1700 in one sitting. Pub matches are easy as fuck.

Top Bottom