• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

I seriously need to remember that Blue Shells traveling on the ground are WAY faster than reds and I should swerve earlier when I'm mid road. That said, this dude HypnoDarkrai was playing like a man on fire avoiding my Crazy 8, triple reds and mushrooms on Grumble Volcano.

MEANWHILE. FUCK EVERYONE WHO PLAYED ON THAT MT. WARIO RACE. I had the cleanest comeback and the dude in front of me gets hit with a blue shell while I had triple reds and then I get bumped to 10th place because some asshole threw a miracle green shell between my shell rotation and combo'd me into a Bob-omb?

I seriously need to remember that Blue Shells traveling on the ground are WAY fastrer than reds and I should swerve earlier when I'm mid road. That said, this dude HypnoDarkrai was playing like a man on fire avoiding my Crazy 8, triple reds and mushrooms on Grumble Volcano.

MEANWHILE. FUCK EVERYONE WHO PLYED ON THAT MT. WARIO RACE. I had the cleanest comeback and the dude in front of me gets hit with a blue shell while i had triple reds and then I get bumped to 10th place because some asshole threw a miracle green shell between my shell rotation and combo'd me into a Bobomb?

As soon as there is a blue shell in the game, I try to drive off the standard line to make sure I'm not noobed along the way.

Porcile

Frantic was fun. Makes a change from the usual. Catch you this evening. Though you Aussies should really get to bed :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is just not my morning. Drifting around the last corner of Rainbow Road and bam, red shell left from the lightning bolt.

Azure J

What a ridiculous day I'm having so far with this game. Two Crazy 8s acquired in almost the same way and in both situations someone runs through them before the game registers my "USE THE FUCKING STAR" input triggering the Bob-omb while taking the star away on Wario Stadium.

That said, from a WAY late dead last start (was making this post) to 2nd (almost 1st if that lightning didn't happen) on Rainbow Road 8 doe... :D

Is it me or it seems the blue shell has more chance to appear the more distance the first player has over the rest of the drivers?

It looks like each race I get a really good lead I'll get hit by a blue shell while in much more tight races where I still stay in lead all the time I never see one.

Could be observation bias/small sample size.

Exentryk

Is it me or it seems the blue shell has more chance to appear the more distance the first player has over the rest of the drivers?

It looks like each race I get a really good lead I'll get hit by a blue shell while much more tight races where I still stay in lead all the time I never see one.

No, that definitely could be the case.

It looks like each race I get a really good lead I'll get hit by a blue shell while much more tight races where I still stay in lead all the time I never see one.

This is my experience as well. I trail a bit behind the person in first and just wait for the blue shell to hit them.

Dereck

Guys, do you hold down the drift button before hitting the ground or after hitting the ground from a glide section?

When you're between races there's an option to press the + button which changes some text in the top left corner from 0 stars out of 6 to 1 star. What does that mean?

Doorman

When you're between races there's an option to press the + button which changes some text in the top left corner from 0 stars out of 6 to 1 star. What does that mean?

That saves that race to your favorites in MKTV, so that you can go back and view it later. It'll automatically save your latest 12 races and begins overwriting the oldest after that, so faving a race protects it from that.

aza

Guys, do you hold down the drift button before hitting the ground or after hitting the ground from a glide section?

If there's an immediate turn on the ground, I do it before I land so I immediately start drifting as soon as I touch the ground.

Top Bottom