• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

NTom64

Been playing with y'all lately and getting my ass handed to me in pretty much every match. The last few I played were pretty good though, and I unlocked The Duke for my troubles. All in all, pretty fun!

Roo

I didn't set it up. The person who set it up, his name should be a few pages back.
You're doing his promo job.
Anyway, it should be just like the normal tournament. 1000 points or something. People will feel intimidated if they see someone with 3000 and up.

I have a dream that one day, months from now after hundreds upon hundreds of hours of practicing to become a super-crazy-insane-good-expert at Mario Kart, I will finally have a (very) slight chance at getting first place in a GAF race instead of always being in the last half of the pack. One day....

akaoni

Banned
I'm curious of whether there's an outside number for items before the race even starts, I seem to trend in coins sometimes and get mad stuff in others.

Albo

Frantic mode is pretty fun. Even when I'm losing the amount of crazy stuff happening has me laughing so hard during races I can't breath.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
ah well lets try this frantic mode

edit:
3204840swsw.gif

Azure J

I totally forgot the immense potential Frantic Room has for great moments in MKTV. Also, you guys should honk more. It'd probably lead to hilarity in replays.

akaoni

Banned
I totally forgot the immense potential Frantic Room has for great moments in MKTV. Also, you guys should honk more. It'd probably lead to hilarity in replays.

I was under the impression that honks are only client side, I never notice other players do it.

DaBoss

God damn it twisted mansion. How do you go through that last grass area?

And frantic mode doesn't seem that crazy with very little amount of people.

Grizzo

okay that frantic mode ain't playing : I got 6 Starmen during the last race (and I still ended up in last place, mind you)

akaoni

Banned
Star in 2nd to hit blue shelled 1st, mushroom, triple nanas, then get double red shelled at the finish line and come 2nd.

That's frantic.

Grizzo

just got my first communication error during mid-race. Every other players just froze up and I was racing alone, that was weird

I can understand you, it's the second time I go past you just in front of the finish line, thanks to the good'ol shroom :D

haha that's because of the damn curse of the blue shell :(

Top Bottom