• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

First I get a blue shell while in SECOND PLACE(I'm far from first but not that far), then I finish 5th despite clearly getting second on my screen.

That's some insane lag.

-PXG-

Dsudjdkdjdjdkdjsjxkxjsgagakfk

I'm giving it one note shot. Last race was even worse. Like...EVERYTHING hit me. Every single thing imaginable hit me.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I'll be getting this on Friday, is there any reason not to head straight into MP and learn from there? Is there some sort of ranking or stat system that I'd wreck if I learned the ropes online?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Placing a banana peel on the leaf at the end of Cloudtop Cruise. Wonderful.

EDIT: For the above post: I'd say single player can warm you up. Plus you unlock stuff that way from characters to parts to different courses for offline modes.

Jezan

Re: the title, is the game even remotely playable using tilt controls? I haven't really tried in this game but sounds like it would be bad, it was quite bad on the Wii version.
It is actually pretty good (also Mario Kart Wii was awesome with tilt controls but no one gave it a chance)

NotLiquid

So I'll be getting this on Friday, is there any reason not to head straight into MP and learn from there? Is there some sort of ranking or stat system that I'd wreck if I learned the ropes online?

You unlock characters in SP by getting Gold on cups.

ChrisD

First I get a blue shell while in SECOND PLACE(I'm far from first but not that far), then I finish 5th despite clearly getting second on my screen.

That's some insane lag.

This has happened five times now. I've got one of them saved just to watch again. They can be two seconds behind you and still "get" 1st. It's what drove me to go Regional instead of Worldwide like normal.

Your case still sounds waaaay worse though. Three places is lag compensation and beyond.

This has happened five times now. I've got one of them saved just to watch again. They can be two seconds behind you and still "get" 1st. It's what drove me to go Regional instead of Worldwide like normal.

Your case still sounds waaaay worse though. Three places is lag compensation and beyond.
It was insane, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 5th in the corner.

IllustriousDifferentKoalabear.gif

I don't know why I made this, other than having more than one racer in-flight.
But I don't regret it one bit.

You'll want to learn the tracks in SP first if you're not playing online with friends.

ChrisD

Watch the Gamexplain shortcut video to see the good cuts, and then watch some Time Trials on courses you have issues with. That along with just playing and online should be fine.

Just don't expect to go in stomping lobbies. =p

If you don't care about winning then by all means start in mp, but if you want to get a feel for the game try some GP's first.

If you want to get really good play time trials until you drop.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Watch the Gamexplain shortcut video to see the good cuts, and then watch some Time Trials on courses you have issues with. That along with just playing and online should be fine.

Just don't expect to go in stomping lobbies. =p

I'll be a week behind on a foreign controller, I definitely ain't expecting to stomp anyone :D

Teknoman

Leave it to Larry!

I wish I could figure out a good config to use Larry and the submarine car.

Right now i'm going sneaker.

Top Bottom