• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My Waluigi is a Rosalina hunter. He just isn't very good at it.

Hopping online, hopefully it isn't dead this morning.

Edit: One person? :(

And they left after one race.

Practiced the shortcut on DK Jungle a little in Time Trial. Beat the staff ghost on my first time trial...

Ramma2

What's the consensus on gliding vs driving? Glide as long as possible or hit the ground as soon as you can? I figured once I finish 3 starring everything I'll do some tests in time trials but wondering if you guys have figured that out already.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A full on stats screen would be nice. I'd like to know my win/loss ratio, among other things...

Yep.

Hate I've got to go to the Stamps and wait for Miiverse to load every time I wanna figure out which character I've yet to beat GP with.

RiggyRob

What's the consensus on gliding vs driving? Glide as long as possible or hit the ground as soon as you can? I figured once I finish 3 starring everything I'll do some tests in time trials but wondering if you guys have figured that out already.

I guess it depends on your air speed vs ground speed, which are both hidden stats. Personally, I pull back as soon as the glider comes out to glide for as long as possible - feels good overtaking someone on the ground while you're in the air.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tiny bit of DLC I'd actually want, the ability to remove the helmet from the Mii much like the hat in NSMBU.

Finally, my account has been approved and I can race against GAF!

I've been lurking for a couple of months now and the lure of the GAF tournament code prompted me to finally register.

After reading in this thread about how great you all are, I fully expect to come last but I'm hoping that it'll be good training to then dominate the Global rooms.

Anyway, I have a question: Is anyone finding the staff ghosts even easier than they usually are? I'm sure in previous Kart incarnations they used to take a fair bit of practice but I'm finding I can beat these after only a few tries. Are there any harder ones to unlock after completing all the default staff ghosts? Please let it be so.

batbeg

Why is it so difficult to get into a game with you guys, is it a full room when this happens? Wish I hadn't left after a few races earlier now >.<

DaBoss

Why is it so difficult to get into a game with you guys, is it a full room when this happens? Wish I hadn't left after a few races earlier now >.<
It's best to join someone who you raced with before through Friends.

EDIT: The boomerang hit me freaking twice.

EDIT2: I don't know how, but I'll take that first, and holy shit there was a 3rd blue shell. We MKWii in here.

Razzorn34

I find all of the heavy class complaining hilarious. This is the first Mario Kart where the heavy class actually shines for once. Lights/Mediums were better in every other iteration. Can't let the heavies have any fun eh?

DaBoss

Red shell goes after me despite me being in 1st and there being people behind me. >_>
I find all of the heavy class complaining hilarious. This is the first Mario Kart where the heavy class actually shines for once. Lights/Mediums were better in every other iteration. Can't let the heavies have any fun eh?
MK7? MKWii?

ffdgh

Not in mario kart wii and 7...well less so in 7.

ffdgh

Doesn't help that heavies can make better combos than the lower weights.
KuGsj.gif

Leunam

How about letting all the weight classes have fun?

Top Bottom