• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was actually doing good tonight, I won two races. I've already put 30 hours into this game, that never happens any more.

what's the best way to unlock all the characters?

Best as in easiest? You just have to win a Grand Prix in any engine class to unlock a character. The best way is just playing regular cups on your preferred difficulty level. The easiest would be mushroom cup on 50cc all day long

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I was sort of trying to tell him that.

I was honestly surprised he didn't have them all already

Exentryk

Anyone playing in GAF race right now?

EDIT - Going to wait in Frantic mode for a bit to see if anyone joins.

EDIT 2 - How did your baby manage to push Rosalina off the track? >_>
Ah! It's Peach this time!

the TMO

My Luigi shirt is up to vote on Qwertee! XD I can't believe it, i made this just for fun! XD
47237.jpg

Exentryk

It's hard to see the green hat with a green background. And it's hard to say about the face. May be is a little too thin? I dunno. Get some more opinion of course.

EDIT - Hypno, also, sorry if I accidentally pushed you there at the end of RR XD

Mistle

My Luigi shirt is up to vote on Qwertee! XD I can't believe it, i made this just for fun! XD
[IMG.]http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/full/47237.jpg[/IMG]
looks great man! tbh, i think you captured the face just fine, and the green background words great from a design perspective

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So time to move on to Nes Remix 2 then!

Did you finish all the mirror cups? That unlocks something. You should really play online though, it's ten times more fun than the SP, much more challenging and entertaining

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Did you finish all the mirror cups? That unlocks something. You should really play online though, it's ten times more fun than the SP, much more challenging and entertaining

I didnt even start the mirror cups, and have no real interest in online, but thanks :) Mario Kart will always be a couch multiplayer-game for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I didnt even start the mirror cups, and have no real interest in online, but thanks :) Mario Kart will always be a couch multiplayer-game for me.

Beating all staff ghosts in time trials unlocks stuff as well.

See you on the couch then! :)

the TMO

looks great man! tbh, i think you captured the face just fine, and the green background words great from a design perspective

Thanks! Hope to play some More Mario Kart Online, my girlfriend stole the game and unlocked everything so far, so most of the fun is ruined. XD

Death stare + free game deal made me purchase my first Mario Kart. It will also be my first online game since disconnectors made me quit playing FIFA 11 online. Have to figure out how these codes/lobbies work.

prag16

Banned
Some dude on gamefaqs is claiming they made server updates overnight, and that the connection error thing is fixed. BUT he claims they also removed spectating.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. This would make waiting for games (especially trying to join friends' games) feel like a MUCH bigger chore/hassle...

random25

Some dude on gamefaqs is claiming they made server updates overnight, and that the connection error thing is fixed. BUT he claims they also removed spectating.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. This would make waiting for games (especially trying to join friends' games) feel like a MUCH bigger chore/hassle...

I guess it needs to be seen first to see if true. Haven't tried MK8 online due to crappy internet connection, though.

Some dude on gamefaqs is claiming they made server updates overnight, and that the connection error thing is fixed. BUT he claims they also removed spectating
If you mean by spectating watching the other racers racing in the room you just joined then it's not true.

Edit:

About 30 minutes ago I joined a room and the game put me right into spectator-mode at the start of the race...-.-

That's what I'm working on since the GAF lobby was empty. It's kind of a shame how easy they are, beating all of them on my first try.

Some by as much as 10 seconds...
Yes they are really easy. :)
Hi guys just got Wii U yesterday would love to play some MK8 with some Gaffers
Quote the OP to find the tournament codes.

I'm spectating a game right now :S

prag16

Banned
I'm spectating a game right now :S

The guy clarified. He says you can still spectate if you're in line to be in the next race. But he says they removed spectating while the lobby is totally full. Not as bad I guess, but still not ideal (but probably worth it if it totally removes the connection error issues).

The guy clarified. He says you can still spectate if you're in line to be in the next race. But he says they removed spectating while the lobby is totally full. Not as bad I guess, but still not ideal (but probably worth it if it totally removes the connection error issues).
That makes sense. So now if there is a full lobby you will get a message unable to join?

prag16

Banned
That makes sense. So now if there is a full lobby you will get a message unable to join?

Yeah, that's what he said. I guess you now have to spam join until it lets you in. Hopefully they add spectating back in eventually, but if it was causing the connection errors, I guess it's worth it for now.

ohlawd

I must be at 8000-9000 coins then if we go by hours.

The again Hypno finishes first like every fucking time. Probably have 10 coins per race. >_> The amount of races I've finished with 0-3 coins thanks to getting wombo combo'd right before the finish line. Shit is just infuriating. I finish badly AND I don't have many coins for my trouble.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got Gold Tires that I'll never use. GAF lobby still empty.

Close to the Gold Kart. Mirror Mode is pretty easy. Will probably do that in a little while or tomorrow.

No idea how far I am from the glider, this game really needs some stat tracking.

Top Bottom