• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Razzorn34

Not in mario kart wii and 7...well less so in 7.

Yeah, Funky on the bike, I know. Heavy in a kart was pretty bad though.

I totally forgot about 7 since I didn't play a lot of it. I'm sure the addition of changing parts made it not much different from now. Part swapping is the only thing making Heavy characters good. Otherwise your acceleration would be terrible like every other game.

Dr Prob

Banned
Wow, Prob went out of his way just to hit me with a red shell.

Things got a little heated in there. People fire hopping around, flinging items backwards at the finish line like twats, going out of lines and off-road just to star etc. Was out for blood!

Good games though :D

Roo

So Amiibo is confirmed for Mario Kart 8.. wonder what characters they will include.

I need Dry Bones and Dry Bowser :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to 1s all the 150c but I'm having a problem with the last turn of Dolphin Shoals, it fucks me every time. I always smash into the right wall no matter how hard or early I drift. Anyone good at this course please offer some advice, it's driving me mad. I've watched Ghosts and they do it easily so either I suck massively or it's my kart setup (Mack 8, Slice wheels, Ghost thingy).

Dr Prob

Banned
I'm trying to 1s all the 150c but I'm having a problem with the last turn of Dolphin Shoals, it fucks me every time. I always smash into the right wall no matter how hard or early I drift. Anyone good at this course please offer some advice, it's driving me mad. I've watched Ghosts and they do it easily so either I suck massively or it's my kart setup (Mack 8, Slice wheels, Ghost thingy).

Try landing early/starting your drift while gliding down (before you actually touch the ground). Same thing on the Bone Dry Ruins turn at the end when entering the cave.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's faaaaaaaaaaake.

Well, at least the characters screen has proven to be fake. But since both pics were released together, I'm assuming they both are.
The battlemode one was proven even more fake since the source of the television imahe was found.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Try landing early/starting your drift while gliding down (before you actually touch the ground). Same thing on the Bone Dry Ruins turn at the end when entering the cave.

Yeah I've been trying to do that but no matter where I land or how early I cut the flight I just can't nail that corner.

Ideas on how the amiibo will be used on Mario Kart?

I would assume the Skylanders Concept would work here.
Save your character data to the figure, take it to a friend's house and continue to play over there.

Alternatively, a single figure could unlock a bunch of stuff; characters, race tracks etc.
The Skylanders figures each have different things they unlock, and the "Adventure Pack" levels, allow you to get a new level in the game, so a new track (or a new Cup even) would probably be pretty easy to do.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I switched over to the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo because ZR on the Pro pad was killing my finger. Started instinctively flicking the Wiimote for wheelies. rip

Blues1990

With regards to the announcement of the Amiibo figurines, I hope that a Mega Man toy will be announced, so that I can have Mega Man (along with Rush as the Rush Roadstar) playable in Mario Kart 8:

RushRoadster.jpg

Roo

With regards to the announcement of the Amiibo figurines, I hope that a Mega Man toy will be announced, so that I can have Mega Man (along with Rush as the Rush Roadstar) playable in Mario Kart 8:

RushRoadster.jpg
Didn't they say those amiibo figurines are per game based?
Not every figurine will work with every amiibo compatible game.

I was actually doing good tonight, I won two races. I've already put 30 hours into this game, that never happens any more.

what's the best way to unlock all the characters?

Top Bottom