• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

ohlawd

Why are the Golden tires so bad?

Peach with Gold Kart and Tires puts me at 4 speed and 2 accel.

Too goo-.... nah, I cant even say it. I fear getting hit so much. Most of the tire selection is garbage tier for Peach's weight class if I'm rocking the Gold Kart and its clones. The acceleration, even with a positive accel stat on the glider will fail to hit the higher whole number. And that fucking sucks. I use the combo though because my queen looks amazing riding in it.

So, who is still left playing?

I'll get you next time, Hyno :p
I left because everyone flew away. :/

Too goo-.... nah, I cant even say it. I fear getting hit so much. Most of the tire selection is garbage tier for Peach's weight class if I'm rocking the Gold Kart and its clones. The acceleration, even with a positive accel stat on the glider will fail to hit the higher whole number. And that fucking sucks. I use the combo though because my queen looks amazing riding in it.
I want to use the complete gold set and it gives Babies 3 Speed and 2.5 Accel (Which is actually 2). :(
At least you're going for looks instead of the winning combo. :)

Roo

Once E3 is over I'm sure the lobby would be back at full every night like the past week :)

I don't know, after almost 85 hours of gameplay, E3 helped me to realize I'm a little sick of Mario Kart.
The game is a gem but I think I'll stop for now before I start hating it.

Well, I'm done for the night. That was a lot of fun. Man hypnodarkrai, your setup must be killer, you were half a lap ahead most of the time.

I noticed on Toad's Turnpike that most people avoid driving on the walls, are they really lacking an advantage?

Well, I'm done for the night. That was a lot of fun. Man hypnodarkrai, your setup must be killer, you were half a lap ahead most of the time.

I noticed on Toad's Turnpike that most people avoid driving on the walls, are they really lacking an advantage?
Good games!
It was the gold kart setup so I only had 3 Speed and 2 Accel, I was ahead because of no blue shells to hit me

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, that route is slower on TT. The fastest route is hugging the other side by the guardrail...which is really dull.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I usually go for 4 accel and 3 speed, or 5 accel and 2 speed. Gives you around 4,5 handling as well, which is really fun.

I don't know if it's necessarily the best build though. Most people seem to prefer speed to accel

ohlawd

I usually go for 4 accel and 3 speed, or 5 accel and 2 speed. Gives you around 4,5 handling as well, which is really fun.

I don't know if it's necessarily the best build though. Most people seem to prefer speed to accel

high accel is so freaking nice. to me, speed doesn't mean jack shit in a race where items slow you down. 2 accel is damn unacceptable. I think when everyone is basically going at similar speeds it's important that you're able to get to your max speed asap.

Papercuts

high accel is so freaking nice. to me, speed doesn't mean jack shit in a race where items slow you down. 2 accel is damn unacceptable. I think when everyone is basically going at similar speeds it's important that you're able to get to your max speed asap.

I go all in on speed. I'm at 5.25 with 2 accel, lol.

You have to play like you won't get hit.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I dunno, using a combo that's built to deal with a situation that's going to screw you over anyway doesn't seem like a great idea. Getting the most speed possible is best imo.

Papercuts

I also think it's worth considering there are multiple supplements to get around poor acceleration, as any glider segment shoots you up to speed, boost pads are pretty frequent, and in the middle of the pack smart mushroom management along with item checking on other players can make it so you boost back up right after a hit which you would do even with high acceleration(and this game hands out mushrooms like crazy). There's nothing to really help you with low speed or weight as you get bumped around. Trackion/handling becomes pretty much second nature even if it's poor.

The worst scenario speccing this way is generally getting hit by lightning while boosting through an area that will slow you down, or just getting knocked off the track.

Exentryk

I have 4.75 speed and 3 accel with my Rosalina combo. Gives enough speed to stay up front, and enough accel to combat item spam.

No way I'm risking looking like an idiot with roller wheels. #fashionkart

Finally back. Been playing online, but hooooly fuck I find it hard not to rage at leaste a little bit. Think it's more of an attitude thing than anything, but goddamn.

I ain't Jesus, bro.

It's the same as holding first. You have to play like you won't get blue shell'd. With max speed, you'll get fucked by items occasionally (everyone does) but you'll dominate if you don't. With accel, you only benefit when getting pelted with items...which generally means you're probably losing anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I have 4.75 speed and 3 accel with my Rosalina combo. Gives enough speed to stay up front, and enough accel to combat item spam.

I don't remember what my stats are but I guess they should be the same as yours, since we both use cruiserweights, inward drift bikes, and slicks. I think it works out well though, very well rounded apart from the awful traction. That might be why I hate water tracks.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
As much as I am cautious about the Amiibo concept, I love the fact Mario Kart 8 will leverage it: it means Nintendo are still working on it to increase its value.

Knowing it's already my GOTY :)

rugioh

Banned
Finally back. Been playing online, but hooooly fuck I find it hard not to rage at leaste a little bit. Think it's more of an attitude thing than anything, but goddamn.

I know that feel. When you get a coin powerup in 4th place and get slammed by 2 guys with triple red shells behind you, while the dudes in front of you get shells and bananas to cover their position is simply infuriating. I try to look introspectively at how upset I'm getting at a nintendo game and that usually makes me calm down haha.

Top Bottom