• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Blues1990

MY REVENGE! You screwed me over many times so I finally had A SOLE CHANCE TO SCREW YOU OVER!

haddock_revenge.jpg

Bumhat

I just realized that all the "shortcuts" are traps. I actually dropped two positions going over the bridge :/

Aaaaand blue shell while in 3rd. That's my cue to take a break. Be back later!

I won that race fairly comfortably by just slowly drifting around the inside turns and taking no 'shortcuts' or boosts.

Bumhat

Heath I was trying to overtake you that entire race and when I finally did at the end, I just knew you would pick up the mushrooms. And guess what? FFFFUUUUUUU!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I'm done, it's been fun.

Now other people can win more often.

Goddammit Chaos you are too good! I was desperate for someone to get a blue shell because I just couldn't get you :/

Ha, yeah, that race, I was just waiting for you to get red shells or something. Never happened and I was able to pull away.

Shoutout to Exentryk though. I've gotten better by learning from several people but he's the one I've learned the most from. We've played together a lot and he uses basically the same setup as I do (same stats, different parts). Still have a long way to go though!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh godd I was not prepared. how are you guys so fast?

Good character/part combination is mandatory, you need good speed to keep up with or pass the pack and good acceleration to get moving when you get hit.

And of course, just getting better at the game. The more you play with GAF (or other good lobbies) the better you will get. You'll naturally pick up on what other players do and implement that into your own playing to keep up. You might not notice yourself getting better, but when you go back to the AI even 150cc seems like a complete joke that has to cheat just to keep up.

Top Bottom