• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

I will never understand throwing red shells behind when you're +/- 2 spots from last. But 2 wins in a row! Get ready for the PGP dynasty!

7 suffered from the same issue so it wasn't too hard to test it in 8 lol.

Wouldn't really worry about acceleration with PGP....or any heavy weight really. Their top
speed more than makes up for it most of the time.

Oh I never played 7 :(

People in from of me getting bullet bills and lightning: I hate you!

Kite vs parachute is a good way to go +/- .25. With the metals having bare minimum acceleration you will probably need to sacrifice some speed and go with a different wheel.

I think metals are a crappy weight class because of that, they don't have the full speed of a full heavy but they do have their crappy acceleration. They make up for it with handling, but IMO speed/accel are way more important.

I've been thinking the same about the metals. I could never see the advantage over the heaviers or the ones right below. I've used PGP since day one just because of how absurd the character is lol.

DaBoss

I just want to know who's good idea was it to make bikes be able to bump off karts.

EDIT: I swear positions are just being mirrored from top to bottom.

Grizzo

trying to get 3 stars everywhere... a damn near impossible task when the computer throws red shells at you right before the finish line and you only have a coin to defend yourself

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Played the whole session off-tv btw, and I noticed it has gotten a lot smoother. Did they do something?

Azure J

THE SCARIEST ITEM TO HAVE ON RR8 IS CRAZY 8

I have never had to tactically weave and bob while using items not because I wanted them but to get rid of them before I fucked myself like that before.

Mistle

Is the user count on the tournament info screen the number of players currently online, or number of people total who have joined the group?

I swear I can join with 500+ people on and still be alone in a lobby :p

Azure J

Y'all were DETERMINED not to let me have that comeback. The green shell snipe to make sure my boost didn't go off? The consorted Attack on Azure by at least 9 other people? DAMN you all are evil. :lol

I hate my ISP! My internet completely goes out every time I get in a good room. But at least I know the com errors are due to my internet now instead of people leaving. Glad they fixed that!

Is the user count on the tournament info screen the number of players currently online, or number of people total who have joined the group?

I swear I can join with 500+ people on and still be alone in a lobby :p

That's the number joined it's not the number that are online.

Azure J

LIGHTNING RIGHT AS I DREW A STAR FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

GETTING RUN OVER BY SOMEONE WITH A STAR IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARD, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Azure J

That actually happened a second time...

I get the perfect comeback opportunity and flub it because my positioning was off on Cloudtop's shortcut.

I even got a Lightning and used it.

;_____;

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You guys aren't giving me anything, huh? That ridiculous boomerang that hit me twice in one throw, which caused me to fall into the lava, then a red shell sent me to like 9th. Worked back up to almost 3rd then pummeled to oblivion again.

Top Bottom