• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
how'd they fix it? must have missed that info

By not letting you spectate if the room's full. So if you try and join a friend from the menu and they're in a full room, it just says "you were unable to join please try again later".

Which means you have to mash A through the menus each time until it lets you through, hoping someone quit.

Mononoke

Banned
Okay so me and Tuck (another GAF member) are trying to play together on Mario Kart 8. Thing is, it won't let us create a room and do World Wide (Vs. Race)...it only allows us to create a room and play AI.

Is that right? Can you only play with a friend vs other people by winging it, and having a friend search for a game, and joining them through the friends menu? It seems insane too me that you can't create a room and just search for a Vs. Race in World Wide.

DaBoss

I hate item boxes. They either disappear when people get them, or they stay. BE CONSISTENT.

Had no item at the last stretch. It was obvious where that was going to take me. Though I expected to be last.

Azure J

It fucking happened again. All these people in front, three mushrooms, everyone's getting bopped and all of a sudden no room to drive on Twisted Mansion's final lap.

Like DAMN.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay so me and Tuck (another GAF member) are trying to play together on Mario Kart 8. Thing is, it won't let us create a room and do World Wide (Vs. Race)...it only allows us to create a room and play AI.

Is that right? Can you only play with a friend vs other people by winging it, and having a friend search for a game, and joining them through the friends menu? It seems insane too me that you can't create a room and just search for a Vs. Race in World Wide.

Yeah, you have to join in from the friends menu after him.

Instead of being able to invite like a normal game you basically have to stalk them into games.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I hate item boxes. They either disappear when people get them, or they stay. BE CONSISTENT.

I wonder why this happens. It wasn't an issue in MK Wii but it started in MK7 and now it's still here. I guess it's done to try and ensure every player gets an item or something?

Kouichi

So my younger brother told me you can keep getting speed boosts from the Piranha Plant if you keep pressing the item button.

I've been playing for so long and I'm embarrassed that I never tried that.

SM239

Oh man worldwide easy mode confirmed. Get hit by a lightning, my own green shell, fall into a pit from those hits then a red comes in followed by a blue shell all on the last turn on Bowser's Castle on lap 3. Still finished with a good 30 second lead.

I need to get back in on the Gaf OT but all the rooms are full or empty... :(

Kade

vqiMS4F.png

Albo

Story of my mario kart life, start race, first inside drift, get caught by someone's dragged item (usually B.Justice's banana/shell cause he's usually ahead), all downhill from there

DaBoss

I had to leave mid race in dry dry desert so you hit CPU Peach.
I didn't actually hit you, near the beginning of lap 3 I got a bullet bill by reversing and then came to 8th eventually lol
I feel like I need to come up with a better bike/kart combo. I need comeback potential.
I should just stick to one combo lol. I think I've used different ones almost each time.

Top Bottom