• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

SM239

Let us know your thoughts. Can't try it myself until later.

Dat EDIT.

Not super difficult as far as unintended shortcuts go. The shortcut for the final turn on Mushroom Gorge in MK Wii was harder than this. However it seems you need a few things to line up in order to take it. Like in order to make the most of this shortcut you will need to trick jump off one of the ripples created by the stone Bowser. It only looks to save a fraction of a second but the right hand path is still faster at least from what I tried.

Exentryk

Not super difficult as far as unintended shortcuts go. The shortcut for the final turn on Mushroom Gorge in MK Wii was harder than this. However it seems you need a few things to line up in order to take it. Like in order to make the most of this shortcut you will need to trick jump off one of the ripples created by the stone Bowser. It only looks to save a fraction of a second but the right hand path is still faster at least from what I tried.

Thanks. Sounds too risky to be attempted in online races given the meager benefit. I'll give it a crack later nevertheless.

Omnicent

Just out of curiosity what are the stats of your guys' main setups?

Mine are currently at:
Speed 4.25/6
Acceleration 2.50/6 :(
Weight 3.75/6
Handling 3.75/6
Traction 2.25/6
Mini-Turbo 2.75/6

Speed: 4.75/6
Acceleration: 3/6
Weight: 4.25/6
Handling: 2.5/6
Traction: 2/6
Mini-Turbo:3/6

(this is for bowser, wario, and morton)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Unlocked Gold Glider. Neat. Will never use it unless I end up changing my setup, but I'm pretty happy with it so that's not likely.

biding my time with this fire flower, waiting for 2nd blue shell, praying for no lightning cuz it always strikes on toad harbor...

sometimes the Mario Kart gods look down on you breh

Gattuso

There's ointments for that.
lol
too bad your jokes don't save you from this gap increasing everyday.
ibzUVi8CS9Oj2Q.jpg

jnWake

My stats:

Speed 4.75/6
Acceleration 2.75/6
Weight 4.25/6
Handling 3.50/6
Traction 1.25/6
Mini-Turbo 2.75/6

Judging by some earlier posts, the 0.75 in my acceleration adds nothing to my setup right? I guess I should bump it to 3 at least (or decrease it for more speed).

Setup is Roy + Jet Bike + Cyber Slick tires + Plane Glider.

EDIT: Ha! Changing to the MKTV glider sends my acceleration to 3, guess I'll try that one (even if I lose a bit of weight).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My stats:

Speed 4.75/6
Acceleration 2.75/6
Weight 4.25/6
Handling 3.50/6
Traction 1.25/6
Mini-Turbo 2.75/6

Judging by some earlier posts, the 0.75 in my acceleration adds nothing to my setup right? I guess I should bump it to 3 at least (or decrease it for more speed).

Setup is Roy + Jet Bike + Cyber Slick tires + Plane Glider.

Swap to a parachute and that should get you to 3 acceleration/4 weight.

Edit: I see you figured it out.

Top Bottom