• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Jagsrock

Banned
jeeeez I got destroyed on that last lap and it all started with a banana.

Edit: ANd it happened again. got nailed by a Banana, two red shells and someone with star power back to back.

elfinke

So I've glanced through a bunch of the two OT, at 100pp, looking for people's experiences with off-TV game pad play of MK8. Is it any good? I only ask cos the WiiU is going on some pretty decent sales right now in Australia (basic with Skylanders pack for $179), and I'm mighty tempted to jump in. Most google results are people whining about the implementations of the gamepad during normal use, not so much about it as the primary output. Which I kind of read as to be a good thing.

What say you guys? Thanks :)

So I've glanced through a bunch of the two OT, at 100pp, looking for people's experiences with off-TV game pad play of MK8. Is it any good? I only ask cos the WiiU is going on some pretty decent sales right now in Australia (basic with Skylanders pack for $179), and I'm mighty tempted to jump in. Most google results are people whining about the implementations of the gamepad during normal use, not so much about it as the primary output. Which I kind of read as to be a good thing.

What say you guys? Thanks :)

Off TV MK8 is great! More often than not that's how I play, unless the kids want to watch me race then I'll put it up on the big screen.

mmxzero

And with finally getting a first place I'll call it a night, good games everyone!

^ yeah just looked it up and remembered a time trial ghost doing that.

Vylash

I tried using my secondary waifu Peach and was knocked off of the track by waifu number 1 Rosalina, no more cheating for me, message received

bon

spent the entire race in 1st
got hit by lightning after crossing the finish line
jus another day in the life of DK

Sorry, this must have been discussed many times already, but...

I notice a phenomenon playing online where sometimes I will hit someone...be it with a shell, Piranha plant, whatever, and they flip over and then are almost instantly driving at full speed again. Whereas when I am hit I always flip over, sit there unable to move, and then slowly begin accelerating.

I thought perhaps it was some kind of timing trick where maybe using a mushroom cancels stopping after the flip over animation, but I've tried spamming mushrooms while flipping over to no avail.

Is this a technique? Or just a latency issue perhaps?

elfinke

Off TV MK8 is great! More often than not that's how I play, unless the kids want to watch me race then I'll put it up on the big screen.

Excellent, that's kind of what I thought (and is also how I expect to use one, if I had one). In that case, I might splurge a tiny bit next week and pick one up.

Cheers!

Vylash

Sorry, this must have been discussed many times already, but...

I notice a phenomenon playing online where sometimes I will hit someone...be it with a shell, Piranha plant, whatever, and they flip over and then are almost instantly driving at full speed again. Whereas when I am hit I always flip over, sit there unable to move, and then slowly begin accelerating.

I thought perhaps it was some kind of timing trick where maybe using a mushroom cancels stopping after the flip over animation, but I've tried spamming mushrooms while flipping over to no avail.

Is this a technique? Or just a latency issue perhaps?

The latter, based Nintendo

bon

Bloopers screw me up way more than they should.
Lost my 1st place lead because the ink made me panic and miss a simple turn.

Top Bottom