• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Albo

So much unnecessary shoving from aggressive heavy's...everyone might as well use them considering the drawbacks of lighter characters. One shove literally sent me flying sideways off the track in yoshi valley.

DooD1234

Worst thing ever for me is being bombarded by items after being kicked down. Especially if they can focus their triple red on someone else

I was googling and hoping that I could just save the full video of something too but instead and since nintendo sucks at things like this I just took it off the pad with my phone. Only fix I could find.

DirectFrighteningCow.gif

I didnt know that you could break the blue shell with the horn.

omfg.. AWESOME SHIT! The answer to my prayers!!!

Thanks

bon

Why is Rosalina humongous? She looks like she's 7 feet tall compared to Peach and Daisy. She looks enormous in Smash Bros too.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Why is Rosalina humongous? She looks like she's 7 feet tall compared to Peach and Daisy. She looks enormous in Smash Bros too.

They had to make her look different from Peach somehow or people would start to realize how pointless her existence is.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like in a matter of 3 weeks and with 5x less games sold at this stage, MK8's OT managed to generate 2X more posts on GAF vs the MK7 one.

How do you explain that?

Zemm

So much unnecessary shoving from aggressive heavy's...everyone might as well use them considering the drawbacks of lighter characters. One shove literally sent me flying sideways off the track in yoshi valley.

This is why I love playing as Donkey Kong, I get a perverse amount of satisfaction pushing people off the track.

Mdk7

My fellow Gaffers, i did it again! :D
After my Hokusai Gojira, i have another tee on Qwertee.com, on sale just for today and tomorrow.
A Mario Kart 8 themed one (with a bit of Game of Thrones!), you guys might enjoy it since i know some voted for it a few weeks ago...

46613.jpg

Keep rocking and beware of the Blue Shell! :D

Ninja Dom

Okay, question to everyone.

Should the race end once the winner crosses the line in first? This is what currently happens and all final places in the race are given at the time the winner has crossed the line.

Or

Should the race allow all other racers finish the race and their race positions are determined at what time the other racers crossed the line??

In single player for example, its kind of odd seeing Peach being awarded 3rd place simply because she was in 3rd at the time I won the race. Although she may have eventually crossed the line in 2nd place.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just played this with my little bro and soundly kicked his ass. The last MKs I've played are Mario Kart DS and Double Dash. Is it just me or is snaking not really that feasible anymore? At least on a straightaway.

ffdgh

Just played this with my little bro and soundly kicked his ass. The last MKs I've played are Mario Kart DS and Double Dash. Is it just me or is snaking not really that feasible anymore? At least on a straightaway.

Snaking hasn't been broken in mario kart wii/7 after what happened in mario kart DS. :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
guys: do I suck, or this is harder than previous games in single player mode? Usually I've been able to "platinum" every race at the first attemp at 50cc and 100cc, whit this one I ranked at 2nd place twice at 100cc

DaBoss

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like in a matter of 3 weeks and with 5x less games sold at this stage, MK8's OT managed to generate 2X more posts on GAF vs the MK7 one.

How do you explain that?
There is more saltiness with this game.
guys: do I suck, or this is harder than previous games in single player mode? Usually I've been able to "platinum" every race at the first attemp at 50cc and 100cc, whit this one I ranked at 2nd place twice at 100cc
They made the CPUs easier and the requirements for 3 stars easier, so yea.

Also, you don't have to 3-star 50cc and 100cc. Just go straight to 150cc.

Bumhat

Okay, question to everyone.

Should the race end once the winner crosses the line in first? This is what currently happens and all final places in the race are given at the time the winner has crossed the line.

Or

Should the race allow all other racers finish the race and their race positions are determined at what time the other racers crossed the line??

In single player for example, its kind of odd seeing Peach being awarded 3rd place simply because she was in 3rd at the time I won the race. Although she may have eventually crossed the line in 2nd place.

Well, the 'places are set when the winner reaches the finish line' mode is only active during single player, so I'm not too fussed by it. Granted it's a little odd seeing a CPU overtake someone on the map once I've finished a race only to see them below them in the rankings (like in your example) but it's not a huge deal.

With that said, if they implemented the same system online it would be awful because MK is inherently unpredictable and so much can change during the final lap even after first place has been taken. Your thoughts?

LogouT

Can someone explain to me what "traction" really does? I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere. Some say it's both drift turbo and offroad speed, others just the latter. And if it means offroad speed - what kind of terrain counts as offroad?

Top Bottom