• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

manuel

Neo Member
Hi everyone, I am new to gaf so excuse me if this question is stupid. How do i get to the Gaf lobby?

Thanks

My NNID is manuelievanich, feel free to add me.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Snaking hasn't been broken in mario kart wii/7 after what happened in mario kart DS. :p

That's too bad.

After a bit of looking, apparently there is a technique called fire hopping? This looks interesting. The game is pretty fun; I'm glad my bro bought a Wii U for it.

yamo

So if one would consider buying a WiiU with Mario Kart 8, what type of controllers would be best to buy to get some 4 player games going? No waggle please.

Honestly it feels like a jungle when it comes to WiiU controllers. :(

Roo

So if one would consider buying a WiiU with Mario Kart 8, what type of controllers would be best to buy to get some 4 player games going? No waggle please.

Honestly it feels like a jungle when it comes to WiiU controllers. :(
Seems like Wii U Pro is your best option.

Bumhat

Hi everyone, I am new to gaf so excuse me if this question is stupid. How do i get to the Gaf lobby?

Thanks

My NNID is manuelievanich, feel free to add me.

Welcome! It's simple: go into the online menu and choose tournament. Then, enter one of the GAF tournament codes (they're on the first page of this thread, hit the quotation mark on the first post to reveal them) and you're good to go. MK will remember any tournaments you enter so you won't need to put the code in the next time you play.

Have fun!

yamo

Seems like Wii U Pro is your best option.

Cheers,

Think i'll stick to my original plan and wait for ZeldaU though, as the best deal I can get were I live for a Mario Kart Bundle + 3 pro controllers is $650.

All though its the same price I paid for my PS4 some months ago, so not that bad considering i'll get a game and 3 extra controllers on top of the console.

MK8 looks really fun though... decisions. :(

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
guys: do I suck, or this is harder than previous games in single player mode? Usually I've been able to "platinum" every race at the first attemp at 50cc and 100cc, whit this one I ranked at 2nd place twice at 100cc

Don't believe the haters ! The CPUs in this version is more aggressive than my previous memory of N64 version. 50cc and 100cc aren't bad though. 150cc is where it's frigging annoying as heck with shells of all colour come at you. I'm having a difficult time platinuming 150cc but I'm tackling them very slowly...

I think it was mine haha :p

tumblr_l9i4abLVeD1qc073co1_400.gif

But it was real fun today! I'm off watching Chile winning!

DaBoss

Can someone explain to me what "traction" really does? I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere. Some say it's both drift turbo and offroad speed, others just the latter. And if it means offroad speed - what kind of terrain counts as offroad?
I think it is how much grip your kart has and how much it will slide when doing turns. It affects how well your kart does off-road (courses with sand, dirt, or something). Also, affects how well your kart can turn on wet surfaces as well.

That's just my basic understanding based on how different kart set-ups.

Zemm

I've won 3 in a row but literally done nothing apart from not get hit at the start. So easy if you get away like that.

LogouT

Any tips for consistently reaching the wooden bridge in the tunnel near the end of Dry Bone Dunes? Feels like it's 50-50 whether I manage or not..

Dr Prob

Banned
Good games everyone.

Couldn't post because this place is wacky today, but yeah, GGs. GGs to everyone but Benny. He's gonna feel the wrath!

Do bloopers come out more in MK8? I feel like I spend a quarter of my races covered in ink.

Certainly seems like they've upped the bloopage. It's annoying. You don't ever want to get it yourself as an item, and it rarely seriously hinders the people affected (though it can!), yet there it is, steady bloopin', shitting up your screen. And there are certain places it almost always comes out. Can we get through the tree section of Mount Wario without this goddamn thing going off? NO.

Feel like the blooper had a good run, time to move on to a post-blooper world.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel for the guys who get bloopers on Wario's Stadium, where it seems to constantly show up each lap right before a line of boosters.

Certainly seems like they've upped the bloopage. It's annoying. You don't ever want to get it yourself as an item, and it rarely seriously hinders the people affected (though it can!), yet there it is, steady bloopin', shitting up your screen. And there are certain places it almost always comes out. Can we get through the tree section of Mount Wario without this goddamn thing going off? NO.

Feel like the blooper had a good run, time to move on to a post-blooper world.

Hahaha. I agree. I feel the items are pretty well-balanced, so I don't have too many complaints about them. I don't care for bloopers though.

Absolutely sick of these connection errors. I just want to get a few games in but its been 10 minutes and I still cant seem to get into one. Fucking ridiculous.

DaBoss

Game, what am I going to do with coins? I wonder if this is a way of punishing me for throwing 2 green shells backwards earlier lol.

Top Bottom