• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

What tactic do people have for the crazy-8? I can't be the only one that just spams the Z button the second I get it.

Same. It's too much effort to look at each individual weapon circling you while avoiding bumping into other racers. I'd rather spam the button and get my eyes back on the road. I basically treat it like a Star with some bonuses.

El Odio

Banned
What tactic do people have for the crazy-8? I can't be the only one that just spams the Z button the second I get it.
I always make sure that I use the star before I throw a bomb. I hate it when I don't because the green shell will usually trigger it, I'll spin out, then someone will steal my star.

Riposte

I don't like the gamepad features for this game. I kind of wish they just stuck with the horn and put the important shit on the main screen. I ruined a few races because my dumb brain suddenly thought up the idea to check what was going on the map and fucked myself over.

octopiggy

Just hit exactly 5000 VR. Still don't have 10,000 coins despite having put in 76 hours. I'm done for tonight but will dip into RaceGAF again next time - see if I fair any better.

Exentryk

Tried racing with the gold kart last night and now I know that I suck at outside drifting. So much harder to take the corners sharp :(

Vylash

I might retire PGP...

j4SeSjaTpLXXS.jpg

She's waiting

DaBoss

What do you mean?
There are things that are just so apparent.

Heavy characters outclass other classes with the same combination. Maybe they saw that and made 3 Heavy classes because of that? I don't know. EDIT: And we've got Double Dash (punch) levels bumping lol. Even bikes can bump off karts. It seems more character dependent now.

Acceleration stat again is nearly pointless. Not only does it not matter unless it is within certain ranges, but the difference is miniscule.

But there are things like super horn in the first item box. I'm pretty sure you can't get triple shells in the first item box. No indicator for a piranha plant which is arguably more deadly than a star lol.

That's not all of it, but I may list everything one day. I was pretty happy with Mario Kart 7, but I never played it a lot (I probably have more hours in MK8 than MK7 lol), so I wouldn't be able to say its mechanic flaws well.

EDIT2: And then the netcode lol. Some how worse than MKWii's and MK7's.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Have to use middleweights sometimes, just to shut up the people who think I'm only winning because I use heavies.

But fuck that. Switching back to Bowser now.

There are things that are just so apparent.

Heavy characters outclass other classes with the same combination. Maybe they saw that and made 3 Heavy classes because of that? I don't know. EDIT: And we've got Double Dash (punch) levels bumping lol. Even bikes can bump off karts. It seems more character dependent now.

Acceleration stat again is nearly pointless. Not only does it not matter unless it is within certain ranges, but the difference is miniscule.

But there are things like super horn in the first item box. I'm pretty sure you can't get triple shells in the first item box. No indicator for a piranha plant which is arguably more deadly than a star lol.

That's not all of it, but I may list everything one day. I was pretty happy with Mario Kart 7, but I never played it a lot (I probably have more hours in MK8 than MK7 lol), so I wouldn't be able to say its mechanic flaws well.

EDIT2: And then the netcode lol. Some how worse than MKWii's and MK7's.

I'm enjoying MK8, and I haven't run into any netcode issues. That said, MK7 felt like the more balanced game to me. I love MK7, and put tons of hours into it.

The heavy characters are still too good though. I feel like the acceleration stat should have a significant effect on the mini-turbos. So if you're heavy, your drifting isn't as strong. And if you're light, you want to stay away from straightaways and try to squeeze in drifts wherever you can. This would also make sense because smaller characters would take up less space on wider tracks, so they might be able to fake snake a little better.

Top Bottom