• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

I definitely used that Yoshi's run to check out the new "long routes" and didn't expect how far back the cannon route would put someone. :lol

Dat banana snipe out of flying on Azure.

And shadowlink holding on to those triple red shells like his life depends on it lol.

Lol I noticed shadowlink doing that. Held on to them for at least one lap.

You need to quit getting triple reds you haven't hit me yet but I keep thinking you will!

Azure J

I need to learn how to line up shots with someone's landing after a glide section. Nothing like getting the angle right but underestimating someone's float time.

DaBoss

Hey Azure, only Crimson Commie is allowed to hit me with ricocheted green shells and snipe me with green shells.
I need to learn how to line up shots with someone's landing after a glide section. Nothing like getting the angle right but underestimating someone's float time.
The last one I saw and just made myself last longer in the air.

DaBoss

Oh, is that a shortcut on Grumble Volcano's final lap that thing with the ramp on the right with the rock thing gone? I think I would have made it if I did the trick properly.

Esiquio

So I just bought this game and did one race, but couldn't figure out how to race in first-person view. Google has failed me as well. Please tell me there's a way to race first-person, preferably with tilt controls as well.

I raced all my time in Mario Kart 7 in first-person, tilt controls with full 3D. Yes, I almost finished three gold-starring everything doing it that way and got really, really used to it.

Azure J

HOLD DAT GREEN SHELL AZURE J

I RUN SHIT HERE

YOU JUST LIVE HERE

May you forever be doomed to play Toad's Turnpike and Dry Dry Desert. Hell I hope when you're on a late night drive, niggas retrofit the street so it looks like IRL Toad's Turnpike and gives you an anxiety attack.

:lol

ffdgh

So I get hit by Commie's dragged shell and my shell also gets destroyed in the process? Seems legit.

So I just bought this game and did one race, but couldn't figure out how to race in first-person view. Google has failed me as well. Please tell me there's a way to race first-person, preferably with tilt controls as well.

I raced all my time in Mario Kart 7 in first-person, tilt controls with full 3D. Yes, I almost finished three gold-starring everything doing it that way and got really, really used to it.

Sorry. That's gone.

Cheddahz

Banned
from this thread

GXPlRAn.png

Forgot to post about Battle Mode, honestly, I had a lot of fun yesterday, I like the new format.
(mostly because I won pretty much all matches!)

Still, they shouldn't have removed arenas from the game.

Azure J

Following Shadowlink's path of carnage as he star'd like 4 people and then completely overtaking him near the mid/last parts of that Bowser's Castle race was too pro.

DaBoss

Getting false hits on green shells, red shells, horns, and whatnot is whatever. They are moving. Nintendo's netcode can't handle it.

But how do you get a false hit on a STATIONARY banana? Nintendo pls.

Azure J

Bowser's Castle 8 might be one of the best stages in the history of Mario Kart. Also shoutouts to Shadowlink getting salty because I got around Colossal Titan Bowser's fist when he didn't and chucking all the green shells at me when the fist raised. :lol

Soodanim

I tried my first 150cc grand prix today. I got ruined (in some races). Perhaps I should go back and grind out the unlockables from the rest of the lower difficulties.

I'm quite new to MK8, this being the first one I've actually owned, but I've noticed that in 150 you either end up ahead by a margin or you get fucked up by somewhere between 2 and 400 shells in a row and sit in last for a while. Then you cut out any carelessness and if the CPU messes up you end up in first again. Then you get careless, miss a jump, and finish 3rd.

DaBoss

That was the hardest vote ever. Had to choose between random and Dunes.
So i finally unlocked all the cups...so how to I unlock the rest of the characters now? I really want to race as my Mii..
Characters are unlocked at random. Just complete a grand prix with a character you haven't used I believe.

Top Bottom