• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Finally got online and played with my buddy. Super addicting. Don't care too much for the online setup but oh well. Its nintendo. You can speak before matches right?

Exentryk

I wonder if the bikes have a smaller hit box.

Of course they do. Also, the gold kart has the smallest hitbox compared to the other 3 fastest karts.

i62cyaBCHbnbk.gif

This is gold.

ohlawd

name and shame!

I've not seen anyone doing it in a gaf room yet, and only a few in worldwide. It's pretty lame though.

edit: actually I remember that video ohlawd (I think?) posted of him doing it on the final corner in a gaf race but I forgive that one because it was so funny.
the one in Donut Plains? Not me :p

Bryko

Jumped into the community for the first time a little while ago. Nice to get my ass kicked a bit, though I did manage to squeak out a 1st place win. I'll be back when the scores reset.

Fuck this game's collision detection.
Seriously, fuck that shit.

This game needs the most comprehensive balance/bug patch in history. They might as well call it MK8 Ultra or something.

I just had to go through another race with the item wheel spinning endlessly. How was the game even approved for release in this state?

Edit: And comm error. Yeah I'm done for the night :(

SM239

There's some very strange lag going on today. There's the usual item wheel going slow and then there's the race not finishing for like 10 seconds when you cross the finish. Odd...

Everything.
While I'm sure it's covered under "everything" getting hit by phantom objects, drafting when there's no one ahead of you and hitting people with items and watching them never stop all points to poor netcode.

Considering that the single player portion of the game is bare not having the netcode in better shape than this is baffling. MK7 never had problems even beginning to approach this level so what happened?
What is the secret to getting a turbo after being hit by an item?
You're not really hitting them, at least not in their game.

SM239

Because of the slow item wheel all I got were coins that match...

Edit: Comm error =\

Are you guys using a LAN Adapter? I don't seem to be having as many issues as I see here.

I have a LAN adapter and really good internet speeds 9 out of 10 times I'm fine but every so often it gets laggy. I just assume someone else's connection is affecting the lobby

Top Bottom