• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Exentryk

There are two types of item wheel mess ups. One is that it takes the maximum amount of time to stop, and the 2nd is like half way. Both of them cannot be stopped manually, but at least the 2nd one is slightly quicker.

No excuse for having either one show up in races tho.

KNoon

Neo Member
As someone who owns a Wii U but does not have any friends to play local multiplayer with, is there any real reason for me to purchase this game? I enjoyed the previous Mario Karts but as an owner of an Xbox One and a PS4 I have become selective of what games I buy and am unsure if MK8 is worth the 60 dollar price point, especially due to the fact that I have no friends at all online or offline to play this with.

CPCunha

Played the game for 4 hours straight with 3 other friends today (local)... i lost my voice at the end of the session and i feel like i did tons of crunches from all the laughter...

... can't believe how close i feel to the experiences i had way back in the day with MK64 and DoubleDash... so much fun.

KevinG

As someone who owns a Wii U but does not have any friends to play local multiplayer with, is there any real reason for me to purchase this game? I enjoyed the previous Mario Karts but as an owner of an Xbox One and a PS4 I have become selective of what games I buy and am unsure if MK8 is worth the 60 dollar price point, especially due to the fact that I have no friends at all online or offline to play this with.

My wife plays online with randoms all the time and has a blast. I stopped playing because she always beats me and my gamer pride couldn't take the hits anymore.

Game is a blast in single player too, but it feels better to lose against real people than item whoring computers.

ohlawd

we're all enemies here and we play together via GAF tournaments

KNoon

Neo Member
we're all enemies here and we play together via GAF tournaments

My wife plays online with randoms all the time and has a blast. I stopped playing because she always beats me and my gamer pride couldn't take the hits anymore.

Game is a blast in single player too, but it feels better to lose against real people than item whoring computers.

I'm so on the fence on this one. I would love to play with some GAF people though. The other major incentive is that I have not played Pikmin 3 and I can still get it free through Nintendo's MK8 free game promotion I believe.

I can't edit the Peggy Hill Mii. :(
Don't want to use a heavy

my hank hill mii will be happy to see a peggy hill mii :p

get it, you can sell the club nintendo code for $20 in the buy/sell/trade thread, also its $48 on amazon right now, gooooooooo

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DC7G2W8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm so on the fence on this one. I would love to play with some GAF people though. The other major incentive is that I have not played Pikmin 3 and I can still get it free through Nintendo's MK8 free game promotion I believe.

I would say get the game. Right now it's less than $49 on Amazon and like you said you can still get Pikmin 3 for free by registering. Also, if you are a member of the Deluxe Digital Promotion the "free" game will still give you the full amount of points like you purchased the game outright.

Top Bottom