• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

DaBoss

Yup, ricocheted green shells are the worst thing in the game. Worse than even Toad's Turnpike.

EDIT: Actually, bad netcode is even worse.

Grizzo

welp that golden mushroom at the end of the race really fucked me up

I missed the "fake goomba" shortcut and kept hitting the fence and then I ended up in reverse and almost finished last

Anyway, as usual, it was really nice playing with you guys!

Have a great night

Azure J

I don't get why racers can knock people that are still in hitstun.

We Mario Kart: Super Circuit now.

On that note, I kinda miss backwards thrown red shells and blue shells that acted like proximity mines. Super Circuit was fucking nuts sometimes. :lol

DaBoss

Well that was some extreme bullshit. Toad's Harbor will always go somewhat smoothly for me in the beginning, then I get screwed over in one way or another (though I usually end up placing in the top half most of the time).

So the slow item box glitch just happened (it was fine before that one item box and it was fixed after that as well) when I needed an item the most to defend myself from a red shell. Too bad it was too freaking slow and in the end, it was a coin.

And it didn't end there. Because item dragging is so inconsequential to people, I get hit by the person's green shell by that person bumping into me.

Also some sly dog put bananas near the coins on the boost pad area lol (didn't fall for it though).

Anyways, good games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think that it's more netcode shenanigans. It can't figure out what to give people based on their placings so it just goes "Mushrooms for everybody! Yay!!!"

It's like that even in single player so I doubt that, though it'd be hilarious if that was true. But it usually is really pointless and one of the reasons why falling back sucks. I've seen a the scenario where I use my mushrooms and gain zero ground because everyone else around me does the same thing pretty frequently.

I also swear the game fucks over 12th and gives them worse items than everyone else. I always get single mushrooms there.

It's like that even in single player so I doubt that, though it'd be hilarious if that was true. But it usually is really pointless and one of the reasons why falling back sucks. I've seen a the scenario where I use my mushrooms and gain zero ground because everyone else around me does the same thing pretty frequently.

I also swear the game fucks over 12th and gives them worse items than everyone else. I always get single mushrooms there.

Well this is terrible then, I was hoping that there was a glitch explanation for why that happens.

Why are bullet bills always in pairs now as well? So much crazy stuff going on with item distribution in this game ;/

Dr Prob

Banned
Good games everyone, especially Papercuts. Really enjoy your spirited, almost mischievous style. Hope to see you on the track again soon!

T7GbBr6.png

:D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Good games everyone, especially Papercuts. Really enjoy your spirited, almost mischievous style. Hope to see you on the track again soon!

T7GbBr6.png

:D

Haha, I will always remember that shell you threw backwards on Toad Harbor at the end of the lap boosters that nailed me in the face. I had a red shell lined up right afterwards but got pelted by fireballs right after. I got emotional.

I was in the lobby of my first online match and was looking through the postable messages. Naturally I picked "I'm excited!" and my mii started dancing.

I was immediately booted from the lobby due to a "communications error."

Top Bottom