• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Yeah the heavy vs light debate is real. Heavy's are far too powerful with speed and weight. There is no reason to play as a light or medium character online... really makes it sorta boring.

I'm still trying to figure out why the developers even built an area behind those signs that's still in the boundary of the track. I sat there for a few moments expecting Lakitu to come get me since I'd flown so far but he never did. That was a long, slow drive across the grass :(

Grizzo

Yeah the heavy vs light debate is real. Heavy's are far too powerful with speed and weight. There is no reason to play as a light or medium character online... really makes it sorta boring.

I always felt like in the previous games of the series, playing a heavy character was kind of hard, slow and painful

Looks like the tables have turned this time around!

T.O.P

Banned
Guys mind sending a friend request?

Just got the game and a WiiU and i'm totally new to this thing :D

Network ID: ki.heisenberg

Zemm

Are people racing in the GAF room? I do wish they'd prioritise a patch so I can see if people are racing, I bet the room would be a lot more full if you could see that.

ffdgh

I always felt like in the previous games of the series, playing a heavy character was kind of hard, slow and painful

Looks like the tables have turned this time around!

Past games: High risk, high return
This game: Low risk, high return...and ironically the opposite is true for lighter weights lol.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Super off topic, but everytime this thread pops up I read it in Ralph Wiggum's voice. Is that the intended effect?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lolol. That turn on Rainbow Road. Knew I wasn't going to make it the moment I started drifting since I took the other one wrong but thought maaaybe there was a chance. Nope.

ShivUK

I am undeterred by the comm error. I am back with my newly unlocked Prancer.

Oh yes.

EDIT: More comm errors; why is my connection so crap?

Guys, I've been thinking about playing with you but I'm pretty bad. How should I proceed? Do I need to add someone to play? My NNID is RyosukeTH.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I like how every single race I'm falling from like second to almost last on the final lap. Waluigi is going to be pulling red shells out of his ass for a month.

Greenymac

Lolol. That turn on Rainbow Road. Knew I wasn't going to make it the moment I started drifting since I took the other one wrong but thought maaaybe there was a chance. Nope.

Chaos, just touch the brake a time or two while drifting when you feel like youre out of whack. Itll keep you from falling off!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Tried to play an hour ago and got a com error after selecting a track and tried again just now and the same thing happened again

Probably won't help but these are the ports you need to forward according to Nintendo and Google:

TCP: 80, 443, 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920 UDP: (Range) 1-65535

Can't hurt. Also, try changing to a less populated wireless channel if possible. The odd communication error is inevitable though until Nintendo fixes whatever is causing it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
...OH GOD.

Wario twerking, huh... ><;

Robocop_fap.gif

Finalow

Lol this time i was lucky, got a star and didn't get hit by lighting bolt.

also crazy 8 as second place? Bullshit. still couldn't win anyway. :p

Top Bottom