• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Zemm

well that was fucking shit.

1st for 2 laps, then blue shell > items of the people that follow = 10th.

That's the worst. I honestly don't mind blue shells or even getting hit by any item and losing a position or two, it's when you get hit once then hit another three or four times in a row on the same corner and you're just sitting there and you can't move for ages and you lose a load of positions. It's that feeling of helplessness. That's when the rage starts to build up.

Inside drifting... the struggle continues.
That's the worst. I honestly don't mind blue shells or even getting hit by any item and losing a position or two, it's when you get hit once then hit another three or four times in a row on the same corner and you're just sitting there and you can't move for ages and you lose a load of positions. It's that feeling of helplessness. That's when the rage starts to build up.
I'm pretty sure this couldn't happen in MK7. If Nintendo did this on purpose and it's not another glitch then it's just more evidence that MK8 is a troll-based game LOL

Dr Prob

Banned
Poor Crimson. Earlier on Grumble he dodged a shock and built up a healthy lead in the process. About four seconds later he eats the blue shell. Bad luck, man. Bad luck.

I saw that at the end Prob

What did you see? Hope it was me styling past Kak. Dude is all up in my business.

I had to quit because I was having such a ridiculous run of bad luck it wasn't fun anymore. Some misfortune and things going awry is just Mario Kart™, but it got excessive for too long.

That's pretty much how my entire run of MK has been today. Just stayed and soaked it all up. My soul has now been tempered in pure bullshit and nonsense. I'm dead inside. See you tomorrow!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
3 mortons in this room... so goood!

Not as good as

HzE3HsDl.jpg

Zemm

Inside drifting... the struggle continues.

I'm pretty sure this couldn't happen in MK7. If Nintendo did this on purpose and it's not another glitch then it's just more evidence that MK8 is a troll-based game LOL

It's crazy sometimes, like I'll get hit by a green shell, then red shell, then someone drives past with a petey piranha plant, then someone will drive through me with a star all in the space of four seconds and all you can do is sit and take it because you can't move. That actually happened to me tonight in a race.

BizzyBum

The controls, projectile item speed, and tricks (in that order of importance).

In MK8, projectile items were sped up and vehicle controls were made to be more sluggish, so you cannot dodge anything shot at you. Ever. Nintendo has placed far too much energy on making items benefit the user. They have made all projectile items, including reds and blues, more powerful than the previous game. Projectiles are too fast. They've given those who possess those items god control over who lives and who dies. If you have a green, a fire flower, a boomerang, etc., there is almost no chance your victim will be able to escape it

I don't have any problems with the controls and tricks, but projectile item speed is indeed ridiculous.

Green shells are just way too OP in this game. I could be considerably behind someone and if they throw out a green shell there's still barely any time to react if it's a dead on shot. They seem to teleport to you. Fireball spam is also extremely irritating.

I think they made the right choice of only have 1 item stored at a time, though.

I don't have any problems with the controls and tricks, but projectile item speed is indeed ridiculous.

Green shells are just way too OP in this game. I could be considerably behind someone and if they throw out a green shell there's still barely any time to react if it's a dead on shot. They seem to teleport to you. Fireball spam is also extremely irritating.

I think they made the right choice of only have 1 item stored at a time, though.

To me the controls feel perfect to me. Mario Kart Wii felt slippery at times. Heck I thought MK7 had better controls than MKWii.

Rocket786

Just got this game and I noticed they got rid of the drifting stat that existed in MKWii.

I used to use the Mach Bike with Peach in MKWii. To me it had the right drift and speed combo for my liking. Any suggestions as to what would be a similar combination in MK8?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So everyone just left this room... and the other one's full. Great.
Just got this game and I noticed they got rid of the drifting stat that existed in MKWii.

I used to use the Mach Bike with Peach in MKWii. To me it had the right drift and speed combo for my liking. Any suggestions as to what would be a similar combination in MK8?
If you liked the Mach Bike in MKWii, you'll want an inward-drift bike--pick any of Sport Bike, Comet, Jet Bike, or Yoshi Bike. They all have exactly the same stats.

As for character/wheels... you should probably experiment there, and see what works for you. There isn't any combo here that's quite as good as the Mach Bike was in MKWii.

Rocket786

So everyone just left this room... and the other one's full. Great.

If you liked the Mach Bike in MKWii, you'll want an inward-drift bike--pick any of Sport Bike, Comet, Jet Bike, or Yoshi Bike. They all have exactly the same stats.

As for character/wheels... you should probably experiment there, and see what works for you. There isn't any combo here that's quite as good as the Mach Bike was in MKWii.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out.

Saro

Shoutouts to the triple Daisy victory. :lol

Also, my trick shots on Royal Raceway are SO GOOD.

Edit: Azure J here using brother's account.

Top Bottom