• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Woo, 3 starred everything. Now I guess I can start on time trials for the stamps I'm missing.

clav

Maybe Nintendo needs to patch the game to 8 racers then. 12 is just game breaking. I've had to quit out of 150cc games so many times because I was so frustrated at the last lap result. All the items I get are coins or mushrooms when I fall behind while everyone else gets red shells or stars.

I didn't feel this way with Mario Kart 7.

As for car parts, what is your setup? For MK7, I liked a high handling setup (i.e. cloud, small wheels, and faster acceleration glider).

I don't know if I'm holding the gamepad wrong. What is the proper way?

Just played an online match in MK7, and I get first in my first match.

Something is different in MK8. Too much chance base right now.

Instro

Maybe Nintendo needs to patch the game to 8 racers then. 12 is just game breaking. I've had to quit out of 150cc games so many times because I was so frustrated at the last lap result. All the items I get are coins or mushrooms when I fall behind while everyone else gets red shells or stars.

I didn't feel this way with Mario Kart 7.

As for car parts, what is your setup? For MK7, I liked a high handling setup (i.e. cloud, small wheels, and faster acceleration glider).

I don't know if I'm holding the gamepad wrong. What is the proper way?

With regards to parts im not sure what's most useful atm as I just started playing today. As for the gamepad it was just a guess, I've never had any wrist issues using it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Whoose the fucker who threw a bo-omb at me D:
With regards to parts im not sure what's most useful atm as I just started playing today. As for the gamepad it was just a guess, I've never had any wrist issues using it.

Try using the Y button

aza

Don't know if this has been posted already, but apparently there's a glitch that causes entire rooms to disconnect. Might be the reason behind of a lot of the communication errors online.

Basically, if 1 user in a 12-player lobby leaves a game session before they vote on the next track, the game continues to think the room has 12 players and will wait indefinitely for the 12th vote. Because that player left, that vote never comes, and it eventually causes a communication error.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
After placing 2nd-5th the entire night, I finally won one ;-;7

2-5 is a badge of honor in gaf rooms. my most hated place is 8. I prefer a 12 over 8. 8 means you were doing well and took 10 entire turtles right in the ass on the last lap.

Zomba13

Why is everyone so good online? I feel so inadequate!

I hope smash isn't like this. xP

Only thing I care about with Smash online is if it's as stable and smooth as this is. Apart from the odd connection error causing a lobby to go down between races/at the start of one (seemingly due to people quitting?) I've not encountered any lag or hitching in an online match with people from around the world.

I guess...I might just have to bite at 300 then. Still, l'll wait for e3 for now :)

I guess it to late for a pricedrop now. Maybe next year. With Mario Kart 8 building the ground for an expanded userbase we will have Smash Bros at the end of this year and quite some other games hopefully :)

Get it now and enjoy your preE3 hype with Mario Kart 8. Dont get stared to death by Luigi before you can buy your Wii U :p

That thread was actually what made me want this game. It just looks beautiful. But im obviously not the only one who suddenly wants a wiiu.

I got mine in April and trust me, its worth every cent. Games look wonderful and the gamepad is awesome if you just want to play some levels of Mario while watching TV.

I hope the train wont wreck but with E3 around the corner and Nintendo in "kind of"- rescue mode I think it is safe to say that we will get some nice jewels. Nintendo is the best first party developer in town.

Top Bottom