• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a 2nd short cut in DK jungle?

there's a pretty hidden jump on a large corner just before the exit of a cave. then there's the obvious one right before the finish line. I think that's it.

"Warning: Victories, rage and bittersweet tears ahead" I'm glad my neighbours dont got any kids, cause those kids would have learned some new cursewords the last days...

I nearly punched my cat who was being adorable and rubbing his face on the corner of my gamepad.

I'm sorry kitty but those fucking red shells you know

there's a pretty hidden jump on a large corner just before the exit of a cave. then there's the obvious one right before the finish line. I think that's it.

I nearly punched my cat who was being adorable and rubbing his face on the corner of my gamepad.

I'm sorry kitty but those fucking red shells you know

Playing with my wife is hilarious as we both just yell at the stupid screen and those stupid other characters for being stupid (we might not say stupid but something else...)

Gattuso

i9bAs1k3TCnEv.gif

Every time I see this I just laugh.
Edit: My Wii U just froze....

Iceblade

Just got the game today and... is it just me or is it really bare-bones? Maybe I've just been spoilt by Sonic Racing Transformed, but the single player offerings seem really, really meek. Does it get better or is this strictly a "save for when friends are over" game?

ChrisD

Just got the game today and... is it just me or is it really bare-bones? Maybe I've just been spoilt by Sonic Racing Transformed, but the single player offerings seem really, really meek. Does it get better or is this strictly a "save for when friends are over" game?

The latter, plus online. The single-player in Mario Kart hasn't been good since DS.

It doesn't get different, you basically get what you see from the beginning (besides unlockable drivers/car parts of course).

Is it a "save for when friends are over" game though? Not for me. I'll probably never play in local multiplayer but have lots of fun in both singleplayer and online multiplayer. =)

Exentryk

That's probably the fastest build in the game right there. Pretty much essential to get away from the madness on the GAF tournament. Only problem is when you can't get away :(

It's not the fastest. Fastest is Circuit special, Slicks and Speed Glider.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's probably the fastest build in the game right there. Pretty much essential to get away from the madness on the GAF tournament. Only problem is when you can't get away :(

You're actually able to go faster with Circuit Special/Gold Kart/Sports Coupe though they obviously can't inside drift.

It's weird though because Bowser on a bike just seems fast as fuck from racing him and Kyle, but I think I have the same speed stat.

reektann

I'm trying to figure out a good kart combo. Do people worry too much about the stats or just go with whatever. On many occasions even if I boost start, the 3 in front seem to fly off even faster - maybe they have higher acceleration?

Was just one of those things where last night I couldn't do any better than 4th-6th and was basically never in the front (probably due to being destroyed by a trillion shells in one swoop every race).

Curious.

Top Bottom