• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, this feels like the GAF room, getting hit 3-4 times in a row repeatedly.

Curse you, blue shell + red shell combo.

Wins don't come much better than that Bowser's Castle one. With that, I'm going to eat.

Quote the OP and you will see a code near the top, enter that code in the Tournaments section.

lol when shit hits the fan, I catch up, and then stop at the finish line so others can pass me.

Knowing that I can catch up is good enough for me. W/L record means jackshit and I will make someone happy that they aren't at the bottom of the pack.

Boss I always get a chuckle when I see you just sitting there. Lol

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Quote the OP and you will see a code near the top, enter that code in the Tournaments section.

lol when shit hits the fan, I catch up, and then stop at the finish line so others can pass me.

Knowing that I can catch up is good enough for me. W/L record means jackshit and I will make someone happy that they aren't at the bottom of the pack.

Lol awesome. With my luck, I'd probably bump into you making you pass the line before me

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
first from start until last stretch...then red shell, red shell, red shell. Last place

iDRPb9OT0AXzt.gif

Roo

What I'd like to know is how the hell everybody behind me seems to get like trip mushrooms or some other boosting item while I get a rock?

lol I remember a race I had a week ago. It was in N64 Rainbow Road, I was in 9th and I saw the two racers in front AND behind me getting triple/golden mushrooms but I got a blooper.
I literally stopped in the middle of the track and ragequit. I couldn't believe it lol

lol I remember a race I had a week ago. It was in N64 Rainbow Road, I was in 9th and I saw the two racers in front AND behind me getting triple/golden mushrooms but I got a blooper.
I literally stopped in the middle of the track and ragequit. I couldn't believe it lol

Yeah that'd probably be enough to make me stop for the day. And playing in the room DaBoss and Prob were in was nuts. Everybody was so god damn fast.

Hmm i don't know if its been mentioned but I just checked my digital deluxe promotion credit and I earned 599 points twice. Once for buying mk8 digitally and again for choosing pikmin 3 as my free game. So i got 10 dollars back in eshop credit which is pretty nice.
Edit: nm seems to be known after googling it :p

Dr Prob

Banned
...I was in 9th and I saw the two racers in front AND behind me getting triple/golden mushrooms but I got a blooper.

I was fucked down into tenth at the end of a race earlier today. Person in front gets a Bullet Bill, person behind gets a Bullet Bill...I get a shroom.

Meanwhile, DaBoss just casually pulling piranha plants from the first set of boxes like the fucking Golden Child.

Feel like I should hate this game, yet I can't get enough.

Azure J

I was fucked down into tenth at the end of a race earlier today. Person in front gets a Bullet Bill, person behind gets a Bullet Bill...I get a shroom.

Meanwhile, DaBoss just casually pulling piranha plants from the first set of boxes like the fucking Golden Child.

The best is when everyone and their mother gets a horn and knocks you about in a three person combo of beat drops only for you to draw a banana.

Roo

It's awful when the game treats you like the redhead stepchild.

The best is when everyone and their mother gets a horn and knocks you about in a three person combo of beat drops only for you to draw a banana.
lol sounds like one of the first GAF races where 4 people touched the same item box getting a super horn. Second used it against first and after that everything went straight to hell.
The amount of coins and players sitting in the same spot was fucking hilarious.. Wonder if someone saved that race.

Item Box

And here I was thinking getting a single mushroom in 11th while everyone in front of me got stars/bullet bills/golden mushrooms was bad

It's awful when the game treats you like the redhead stepchild.
I am officially the Charlie Brown of MK. If the game had a rock item it's the only one I'd get.

Since it doesn't coins are what it gives me instead. And people wondered how I unlocked the gold glider so fast :/
Yet here we are... :D
I realize in my heart that the game doesn't discriminate... it hates us all equally :'(

Is there any easy way to race with a particular friend?

We're constantly chasing rooms only for them to fill up and not allow the other person to join.

Is there any easy way to race with a particular friend?

We're constantly chasing rooms only for them to fill up and not allow the other person to join.

In the online menu, you can select "Friends", which gives you the option to join their lobby if they are online. It also works with people you recently played with.

Dr Prob

Banned
I've played this game quite a bit Luffy; never seen anyone get stuck on that way out of bounds tree on Royal Raceway before. Impressive :D

Top Bottom