• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Finalow

one of the first races we did was awful.

Donut Plains 3, I get hit by something on the bridge and I go down into the water, after getting out of that I'm in 3km of grass. gg

Dr Prob

Banned
Just bounced off Wario's ass in the end shortcut of Plant Slide, sending me offroad up against the fence and dashing my hopes and dreams.

Using lightweights is fun. When you do well it's rewarding, but sometimes you run into Wario's ass and that's not great.

Davey Cakes

Hey, GAF, how can I get into the GAF MK8 races?
There's a code in the OP. You have to quote the OP to reveal it.

Three codes. Regular, mirror, and battle. Input into the tournament section in MK8's online menu.

I haven't yet participated in GAF races but I want to. Need to find the time.

You know what's funny? I've had MK8 since launch. Threw a party over it. Played online a few times already. And yet I haven't actually played Rainbow Road 64 yet. It's the only track that I haven't done even once.

Magnus

I gotta learn these goddamned shortcuts.

Is there a way to join Worldwide/Regional but ensure it's at 150cc? I don't like racing at anything slower. Even though I suck. Faster is fun!

Grizzo

Jumping in! (in case anybody is around)

Edit: Ugh can't join you, looks like the room is full, and I keep ending up with a room with 1 other player

Roo

It's good that you're gotten to the point where you can laugh about this :)

Edit: Meanwhile I can't laugh about getting run over by stars twice in the span of three seconds :(
From 3000VR and up they're 150cc
From 6500VR and up it's 150cc and Mirror
Or so I heard...

Finalow

holy mother of fuck that was some bullshit.
got hit by a l. bolt just after the ramp and lost like 10 seconds, went from 4th to 10th. well OK game. edit/ on the last lap and near the end of it, of course.

I know. I still can't get the hang of turning. I mean I can turn sometimes but when you're boosting with mushrooms or boosting randomly, you start losing control. Also, I tend to mess up so many times when I do a sharp turn.

For some reason when I try to drift I go straight instead :/

That never happened to me with karts. I'm not giving up tho :mad:

Animal

Banned
Just got the game. So tracks are so lively and beautiful! Really love the music as well.

I'm looking for people to play :)

Top Bottom