• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Tripon

I admit it. Every time I see another Rosalina player, I aim for them. I have to be the only Rosalina player on the track. XD

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, how do I turn on why bone dunes? I always hit the side. Always.

To get to the antigravity part? The easy way to do it is to go on the left side of the boney piranha plant and drift into that section. That's slightly slower than the right side since you travel further, but you don't have that wonky sharp turn with the wall in your way.

For the right side, at least with my bike setup, I try to stay as close to the plant/wall as possible without getting hit which gives me room to drift around that corner. Timing it takes a little practice but it's not that bad.

For the turn close to the end, stop gliding sooner so you can drift sooner.

jnWake

Wake tried the absolute most to clock me with ha boomerang at the end.

but it didn't work.

ibpNyjwUvyxWPy.gif

It worked now though!

Azure J

I admit it. Every time I see another Rosalina player, I aim for them. I have to be the only Rosalina player on the track. XD

...I must be the only Rosalina player that doesn't do this.

Everyone's equally an enemy. Or a cool frenemy whenever we get to do long bump boost rallies on Bowser's Castle. :D

Azure J

For the first turn onto the antigrav shortcut, I just try my best to either hug the right most side of the wall with a drift in motion or take the left fork at the first dry piranha plant then curve in to the right.

For the part after the glider segment, I actively try to avoid landing in the sand because it feels like you're a stick of room temperature butter landing on greased ice. I just bounce off the sand geyser or try to hold up and land on the wooden platform above all that mess. The best part are the item blocks that are hidden up there. Those can make for some pretty clutch but fraudulent comebacks. Shoutouts to getting a second place spiny shell. :lol

DaBoss

I'll go for anybody. That guy behind me that isn't doing anything wrong yet? Bam, you get hit...or at least that's how I played in Mario Kart Wii and 7.

Mario Kart 8 is much more friendly to offense done towards people in front of you so when you're in first, you're a sitting duck. Can't even lay traps like bananas because you can't get items while holding on to something and you can't risk getting a coin. They made it extremely boring to be in first.
Drop into that turn early and drift early. One of the most awkward parts of any courses.

Finalow

anyhow getting an involuntary boost in a shitty situation can fuck your entire race up. especially in RR (cyka) but not just there.

Azure J

Just chiming into to say I'd be salty if I were B. Justice and boosted into my brother who had the star like that on the last stretch of Bowser's Castle. :lol

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Gotta go. GGs, all.
That was fun.
Oh, I agree! Still reeling from when you compromised your own position just to hit me with a red shell when I was behind you, even though there was someone way ahead of us... and then you still somehow came in first anyway. Can't imagine how you pulled THAT off.

mr.beers

I have a question. When playing the Grand Prix between tracks in the menu up in the left hand corner there is the +pause button icon with 1/6 stars greyed out, hit the + button and it turns gold. What does that do?

DaBoss

I have a question. When playing the Grand Prix between tracks in the menu up in the left hand corner there is the +pause button icon with 1/6 stars greyed out, hit the + button and it turns gold. What does that do?
Saves that race as one of your favorites on Mario Kart TV so you can view it on Mario Kart TV at any time as long as it is one of your favorites.

jnWake

Nice races tonight. I was like in two races against Roo and I managed to hate him! Damn you hitting me twice with one star!

BuzzJive

First on my first race tonight. Much better!

I didn't know that underwater turn on donut plains was there. Is it mostly just good for bikes?

Top Bottom