• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Good games to those in my tiny four person lobby. I'm the DK in the wiggler kart.

edit: Except for Niraj hitting me with the second place triple reds. :p

DooD1234

I had a blast today playing this with my brothers. They were amazed with some of the new tracks in the game that I showed them. Also they rate rainbow road 8 lol. I was laughing my ass off while they helplessly fell off course. Too bad I don't have time today to get wrecked by you guys today. So anyone like to share some of their bullshit moment that happening right now?

Don't feel bad at all ;D

Dammit. I try so hard to outrace you, but the game gives me second place coins, so when I pass you, I get hit by a green shell.

And then the next race when I get first, I get coins and nothing to block the red shell behind me.

I think three player Mario Kart kinda sucks.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dammit. I try so hard to outrace you, but the game gives me second place coins, so when I pass you, I get hit by a green shell.

And then the next race when I get first, I get coins and nothing to block the red shell behind me.

I think three player Mario Kart kinda sucks.

Welcome to my hell.

mr.beers

Saves that race as one of your favorites on Mario Kart TV so you can view it on Mario Kart TV at any time as long as it is one of your favorites.

Thanks!

First MK game I've bought since the SNES original and I'm loving it, I have played but not owned the wii and 64 version neither of which clicked with me. 8 feels very good and on par with the SNES game. My only gripe, which has been standard since the original, is the rubber band AI. I play these cups for the 3 stars and I own the COM for the first 3 races and on the final race they sneak me 3/4 of the way through the final lap, that pisses me right off.

Edit: Only just finishing up 100cc atm I would imagine 150cc will be even more difficult/annoying.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So here's a question I should have asked a long time ago: Do you decelerate/accelerate while holding a drift or do you maintain whatever speed you had before entering the drift? I ask this because I sometimes I overdo holding my drifts, so I wonder if I'm doing myself a disservice.

SegaShack

Just played this game for the first time today at a friends house. My favorite entry in the entire series was Double Dash, that game to me was perfection and was a highly skill based game. The physics and controls were perfect. Mario Kart DS was another amazing entry in my opinion. I thought the Wii game felt and played sloppy in general. I also thought the Wii game became more luck based than skill based. The 3DS game was decent, but nothing great.

I turned to the Sonic Racing series during this recent lull in quality Mario Karts. Racing Transformed ended up being one of the best Kart Racers ever, and I just assumed Mario Kart would never reach the same highs it once did.

Mario Kart 8, this is a true return to the amazing series I once knew. Pristine visuals, perfect controls, skill based gameplay, great physics, what a wonderful racing game. Unlike the Wii game, I felt myself improving and was getting better as I played more and more, my losses were mainly based on my skill as a player, not my luck with getting hit by items. It's all about control. This is easily the best Wii U game out there and is one of the best Mario Kart games ever.

Glad to see this series back to what it used to be.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
We were 15 at my friend's watching the french soccer game yesterday, followed by a 4p Mario Kart session, the last 3 ranked players giving their controller.

This game is digital crack with friends.

Top Bottom